You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No option for grid and guides

frogman38

Zoom in 1500%, the auto grid in Photo V2 is a pixel grid. Change setting to Standard on context menu.

75CCE913-1793-41EF-B1D6-221C87C38331.jpeg

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Thanks I now have access to grid setting in all documents. Obviously a bug you should have to zoom in to a stupid amount to be able to enable grid options.  Also your image shows another issue I have, some of the grid properties button are under the zoom controls. Mine is iPad Pro 11” 

SORRY.. just found out you can slide the property controls to left to reveal the buttons  👍

063C6C50-D128-45AD-998D-C9813A53FA8C.jpeg

Edited by frogman38
Correction

37 minutes ago, frogman38 said:

Obviously a bug you should have to zoom in to a stupid amount to be able to enable grid options.  

In Photo, choose a grid other than Automatic. That one is a pixel grid, which requires zooming in to be visible and it's showing lines based on individual pixels.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

In Photo, choose a grid other than Automatic. That one is a pixel grid, which requires zooming in to be visible and it's showing lines based on individual pixels.

The grid selection is not available in the ‘out of box’ setting as the default is auto. So once you zoom in and change from auto then it is OK. Would never have been issue if default was not auto. 

2 hours ago, frogman38 said:

The grid selection is not available in the ‘out of box’ setting as the default is auto. So once you zoom in and change from auto then it is OK. Would never have been issue if default was not auto. 

You can change from Auto without zooming.

Edit to clarify: Just tap on Auto and choose Standard or another option from the pull-down.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @frogman38,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that the default grid behaviour for Affinity Photo V2 has changed, however this is logged with our developers to be considered for improvements, as I appreciate it is not clear that the grid is enabled when set to Auto, when zoomed beyond the display threshold - so our team are looking at ways of making this clearer in a future update.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 11 months later...
  • Staff

I'm happy to confirm that the latest beta version, Affinity Photo 2.3.0.2114 has made the following improvements:

1. The default behaviour of View > Show Grid has been returned to match Affinity Photo V1's behaviour - meaning the 'Automatic' Grid will be applied, which changes the frequency of grid subdivisions as you zoom in/zoom out.

2. A new separate Pixel Grid option is available in all Affinity apps, under View > Show Pixel Grid. You can  find out more about this feature here .

If you wish to test these changes, you can sign up for our beta program using the information below:

Many thanks for your feedback here, as it helps us to continue to improve the Affinity Suite :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)