You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo2 Lightroom 5

One of the methods suggested in this FAQ should help:

Some 3rd-part apps allow the first method; others require the one in the second post.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

45 minutes ago, ianrb said:

Thanks for the reply Walt; however I cannot find Photo2
Local Disk > program files > affinity > photo worked in the past
How do I get to Photo2 ?
I still have Photo(1) working
Cheers

V2 software is installed as a UWP app and so it lives in a sandbox. You can't access it or execute it directly. You can only click the icon in the start menu to launch it. This is intentional on the part of Windows.

Because of this, one needs to use a "helper" app to launch it when integrating with a 3rd part program. 

You can find one here: 

1 minute ago, ianrb said:

Over it! If it works it cannot be that/this hard . Have wasted so much time trying to do what seems the  impossible possible .

This will be fixed in an upcoming release. Serif will be making a "normal" installer, so you only have to use the helper application until then. 

19 hours ago, ianrb said:

Thanks for the reply Walt; however I cannot find Photo2
Local Disk > program files > affinity > photo worked in the past
How do I get to Photo2 ?
I still have Photo(1) working
Cheers

I found the EXE at C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.AffinityPhoto2_2.0.0.1640_x64__3cqzy0nppv2rt\App

Windows did deny access to WindowsApps folder until I took ownership of it but then I was able to browse and point to the exe and everything seems to be working despite Microsoft

• 2 months later...

Hello, is there easy fix to have Affinity 2 work with old Lr5 yet . Driving me nuts doing my round about way so not using Ap a lot :(
Was so easy with Ap1 >send to Affinity > save to lr > edit more in Ap >save back the lr :)
Cheers a from a 41c Australia

2 hours ago, ianrb said:

Hello, is there easy fix to have Affinity 2 work with old Lr5 yet . Driving me nuts doing my round about way so not using Ap a lot :(
Was so easy with Ap1 >send to Affinity > save to lr > edit more in Ap >save back the lr :)
Cheers a from a 41c Australia

You could uninstall your current Affinity 2 applications, which are probably the MSIX-based versions, and install the MSI/EXE-based versions instead. More info in the FAQ: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You could uninstall your current Affinity 2 applications, which are probably the MSIX-based versions, and install the MSI/EXE-based versions instead. More info in the FAQ: 

Thanks mate; you will likely know when I give it a go ---- just by the screams and shattering monitor noises drifting in the winds of cyberspace  :)