You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I prefer AD v1 over AD V2 for iPad

I just wanted to say that I love AD v1 more for iPad than AD v2. And you know what? I hated v1. I have been raging in the v1 forums for the past couple of months for the serif team to fix some design issues with v1 but now Ive grown to love it. I open AD v1 up and I get so…….happy. Theres a happy feeling in me. Which is weird because I despised v1 months ago. Like, theres now a grateful feeling in me. A grateful feeling that v1 exists. That it wasn’t replaced/upgraded by v2. Im happy they are 2 separate apps because I don’t have stick with v2. I can remember that v1 exists and I can go back to it. 

I go back to v1 and my middle blue line layer clipping mask drop zone is there. This little blue middle line in the drop zone of the layers is why I prefer the ipad app over the desktop app. This middle blue line in the layers is  awesome! The gray/blue tool icons are there. Those icon are beautiful. So beautiful. Its like a gray and light gray color with an accent blue to go with the blue theme of affinity designer. Theyre beautiful. My goodness! I can’t get over them.  I don’t have go into v2 and see the “game boy” style icons. The eraser tool in the pixel person in AD v2 is literally a dr Mario pill. The lasso tool is literally Woody’s lasso from Toy Story and the purple star wand is literally a Wizards wand. Its a gameboy-ie style. It doesnt go with affinitys dark gray sleek theme. I don’t like the style they’re in. I love the gray/blue icons in v1. My buttons in v1 are not active. They’re all turned off. V2s buttons are all turned on. The context toolbar! Ugh. Im so happy its at the bottom in v1. I don’t like it at the top in AD v2. A custom toolbar should have been at the top in v2. Not the context toolbar. Im so happy the context toolbar is at the bottom in v1. I can go back to it. Im so happy they’re not sliders on the left side of the interface like in v2. In v1, theres no command controller that doesnt turn on all the time when you open Designer. Theres a delete button in v1! In v1, I don’t have to see the object type icons in the layers. You can’t turn that off in AD v2 for iPad. 

Again, nothing really changed in v2 from v1. Nothing was dramatically new.  Yeah, new features were introduced but I didn’t need those features anyway. I cared more about design issues in the app than new features. We need to fix those design issues to have a functioning app. Not much changed…….nothing changed. Im honestly……..giggling………giggling because nothing changed and this is what we got in 4 years. AD v2 for ipad is just AD v1 with several active buttons turned on with a context tool bar at the top that shouldn’t be there thats been split into sliders on the left side of the interface. Thats all AD v2 is. 

The only thing good "design wise" about AD v2 for ipad was the new quick menu and pulling things out from the edit menu and placing them at the top for easier access. Which should have been the custom toolbar. These are great starting design solutions the app needed. 

I still bought the v2 app to support serif, and I wanted to see what was new in v2.