You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Place Image panel

When I select a folder full of images to place in a doc in any of the new programs, a place image panel is created. The challenge is when I place one of the images and attempt to make any adjustments to it, the panel and all the unplaced images disappear. Under these constraints I'm forced to place all of the images before I can make any adjustments to any one of them. It would be very helpful if the place image panel would have an option to keep it open, just like all of the other panels.

i agree, this would be helpful. More than that, it makes a difference whether an image is placed via the Place Image Tool or by drag + drop directly from the finder into the document: With the tool the images are with and by drag + drop they are without extension (.Tif, . jpg ...) in the Layers Window*. So that could also be a reason to have the option to keep the place image panel open.

* Version 1 and Version 2, but most likely only on MacOS

• Staff

We'll take a look at that. Incidentally @2:3 if you hold alt before you drop with a drag / drop that initiates the place tool (and if you have multiple images in drag drop that will also open the place panel, as if you've done it using file-place)

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2