You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you post a screen shot of your Affinity preferences panel for Photoshop Plugins? Someone should be able to tell you if you have something set up incorrectly. That is usually the cause for them not showing in the filters list. Keep in mind that even once you get them to show in the list, not all of the Topaz plugins currently work with Affinity. Also keep in mind that some of the Topaz plugins can be used as stand alone applications.

Can you post a screen shot of your Affinity preferences panel for Photoshop Plugins? Someone should be able to tell you if you have something set up incorrectly. That is usually the cause for them not showing in the filters list. Keep in mind that even once you get them to show in the list, not all of the Topaz plugins currently work with Affinity. Also keep in mind that some of the Topaz plugins can be used as stand alone applications.

Thanks for your reply.

Does this help? http://postimg.org/image/coync949j/

You have not linked Affinity Photo to your plugins. Your preferences should look like the attached screen shot. Go to Affinity Help under Filters and Effects>Using Plugins. Follow the directions to manually link your plugins to Affinity Photo under the "To enable untested or potentially unsupported plugins". Ask questions here if you run into trouble.

post-13946-0-50284000-1453605659_thumb.jpeg

You have not linked Affinity Photo to your plugins. Your preferences should look like the attached screen shot. Go to Affinity Help under Filters and Effects>Using Plugins. Follow the directions to manually link your plugins to Affinity Photo under the "To enable untested or potentially unsupported plugins". Ask questions here if you run into trouble.

I know, that is the problem I am having, trying to link them. I tried doing it manually and following the directions, but so far no luck.

I will try again now and see what I can do.

What happened was Your finder was launched showing you your photoshop plugins folder. I don't know what version of photoshop you have. I have CS6 and your files look a little different than mine. If Remask is the only plugin you have select it by clicking on it once and then click OK to add it to the list in Affinity preferences. If you have other plugins they will be in the " Topaz Plugins" folder shown in the right side of your screen shot or in the folder called Plugins. You have click add and manually select each plugin you have one at a time to add them to the list in Affinity preferences. It is not an automatic, one click and your done type of thing. You then have to click the add button under the Plugin Support folders window and select your hard rive and then click Ok.

Sorry if my directions are not the best. This is close to the limit of my expertise. If you check other threads about this topic you should find perhaps better instructions. That is how I was able to get mine to show in the Filters menu.

I hope this helps.

What happened was Your finder was launched showing you your photoshop plugins folder. I don't know what version of photoshop you have. I have CS6 and your files look a little different than mine. If Remask is the only plugin you have select it by clicking on it once and then click OK to add it to the list in Affinity preferences. If you have other plugins they will be in the " Topaz Plugins" folder shown in the right side of your screen shot or in the folder called Plugins. You have click add and manually select each plugin you have one at a time to add them to the list in Affinity preferences. It is not an automatic, one click and your done type of thing. You then have to click the add button under the Plugin Support folders window and select your hard rive and then click Ok.

Sorry if my directions are not the best. This is close to the limit of my expertise. If you check other threads about this topic you should find perhaps better instructions. That is how I was able to get mine to show in the Filters menu.

I hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for your help. I have been doing everything you are explaining, still not working.

Will these plug-ins not work, if I don't have Photoshop? Because I don't have Ps. :huh:

iRahz, as far as i know, 

1) photoshp is not needed at all to run plugins in AP

2) AP's support to photoshop plugins is, at present, limited and evolving, so there's no guarantee that a specified plugin will work

as to concerns setting a plugin up in AP, this is done essentially through 4 steps:

1) open AP's preferences and select "photoshop plugins"

2) in the upper right half of the dialog window, click "add" and browse to the folder where your plugin is located

3) in the lower right half of the dialog window, click on "authorise global", then on "authorise"

4) close the preferences, close AP and restart AP

it looks like jmac already gave you more or less the same instructions.

take care,

stefano