You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tool Specific Cursor Disappears

KyleCrotts

This issue was present in Version 1 of Photo and Designer, and is still present in Version 2 of Photo and Designer.

Issue: 

When I am using a tool with a tool specific cursor, such as cross hair or circle outline, upon using the tool and releasing the first click, the cursor reverts back to the default OS cursor. which is the same cursor as the move tool. 

Example

if i use the paint brush tool, and click on the image, the cursor is not longer the circle outline. it reverts to the default OS cursor even though the paint brush tool remains active. If i resize the paint brush cursor, the cursor returns to the proper paint brush cursor until i click on the image then it again reverts back to the default OS cursor. 

Other info

besides the cursor not being proper the tools seem to work fine. There are some tools that don't revert back such as the pen and node tools. When i click and drag with the brush tool, the proper cursor returns until i release the click.

• 2 weeks later...

I created a post about this as well.

I haven't had this issue with V1 but it happens all the time in V2.  Whatever paint tool I select, when I press and release on the artboard it reverts back to the arrow cursor.

This only happens in V2 for me.

- Mac Studio OS Ventura 13.0.1

- Affinity Photo V2 2.0.0

- Affinity Designer V2 2.0.0

- Affinity Publisher V2 2.0.0

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...