You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clip To Canvas and GRID version 1 and 2 November 20, 2022

Kent Davis

1 hour ago, Kent Davis said:

You said “miss key” no!

Yes. As mentioned in your earlier report, this is because of a Zoom setting you have configured on your iPad. I do not think you have told us (in this report) that you're using that setting, and therefore no one here would be able to duplicate your problem.

From that discussion:

On 3/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, Sean P said:

All of these are caused by having your Display View set to Zoomed, which I'm aware you do require this to be set.

Sean also said he had bumped the report with Development again. Only they (Development) would know when this might be fixed.

And Sean also requested that you not post new topics about this, but keep the discussion within the original report. That helps avoid duplicate debugging effort, and makes the forums work better.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Kent Davis said:

Not talk about iPad display zoom accessibility.

I talk about affinity canvas document on grid.

You have said that you have reported this before. And what you've described here sounds similar to what you've reported before. And (if I understood you) you've said it is related to zooming.

So, two questions for you:

1. Do you still have your iPad Display set to Zoomed in your iPad Settings?
  2. If the answer is yes, do you still have this problem if you turn that setting off?

If you are not using that Zoom setting, then it is probably a different problem. But if you are using that setting, and turning it off solves your problem, then it probably is the same issue you've reported before.

(To those who have tried and failed to recreate this: if you turn that Zoom setting on, does it recreate for you?)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks, Kent. If it does not happen with that setting Off, that's good information.

But even more puzzling that others haven't been able to recreate it. I wonder what's going on. Perhaps Serif will have some thoughts when they have time to get to this topic.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Hi @Kent Davis,
Both your screenshots above seem to have the Display Zoom setting set to Larger Text. I'm able to recreate your issues if I set my iPad the same way. This is already logged with the dev team to be fixed.

Please go to the Settings app, Display & Brightness section (on the left column) and check the Display Zoom section on the right column, on bottom (it's the last one), tap the View button there to open a pop-up. Make sure this popup is set to Default. This should fix the grid issues you are experiencing. The interface will become smaller and I'm aware you need this option set to Larger Text for accessibility reasons but for now I'm afraid there's no other solution until we have a fix for this issue.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. Thanks for your report/feedback.

@MEB

Ok thank you for clear explain me on setting.

I have difficult too small text I unable to read as well. I has been hurt my eyes during DEFAULT.

I always large text on my iPad all time plus there Affinity Designer tool is large pretty as well as very good I can see better. BUT Canvas on GRID version 1 and version 2 too.

Version 1 is below and left corner cause.

Version 2 is top and left corner cause.

See Youtube: 

• Staff

Hi @Kent Davis,
Thanks for your feedback. I understand it's difficult for you to work with the Display Zoom setting set to Default. I will talk with the dev team to see if we can speed up this fix/patch. I'm sorry for the trouble this issue is causing you

@dactrtr,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
As said above I will see if this can be sorted out quickly. Thanks for you feedback/support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...