You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

new version 2 Icons are great

22 hours ago, pixelworker said:

I never liked the look of the icons in Version 1. It looks much better now, zero issues with them. Good work.

Absolutely not, the new icons are rubbish (my opinion) and only knowing where they were in the v1 allows them to be used

Affinity Photo 2.0.4.1701, Affinity Photo Beta 2.1.0.1781; Affinity Photo 1.10.6.1665,
Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342, Affinity Designer customer beta 1.10.5.1342;
Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342; Affinity Publisher customer beta 1.10.5.1342 + GIMP 2.10.22,  RawTherapee 5.8,  Darktable 3.2.1;

Win10Pro (v. 10.0.17763), IntelCore i7-4790-3.60GHz, ram 8GB, , ssd 256GB, Huion new 1060plus;
Monitor 2D FHD LG 1920 x 1080 px, Onboard Intel Graphics HD 4600.

I can kind of see it both ways...

They are certainly more pleasant to look at in and of themselves, but that also makes them more distracting.

The less muted color tones mean a greater potential to misjudge colors in the document when the icons are around it - this at least can be addressed by choosing to use grayscale versions of the icons from preferences.

The icon for the cat tool definitely could stand to be improved though, the new one looks more like a cow than a cat to me.  The new cat appearance doesn't scale well to the small icon size (and doesn't really look all that great when larger either...)