You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This was already mentioned here on the forums, but I wanted to post it again because I show you examples of  the issue. 

In AD v1 for ipad, there were blue lines on your layers that showed up you when a layer was being moved above and below another layer or in the middle of a layer to show a clipping mask action. It was a thick blue line that was used as an indicator to show this above, below, middle layer movement. I loved it! It was easy to follow. Its a simple and easy concept to learn. A blue line above to show you moved the layer on top of another layer, below to show you moved the layer under that layer, and middle to show youre clipping something to that layer. Super easy.

Now, in v2, that blue line has faded in opacity and theres no longer a middle line to show a clipping mask was made. The blue line has faded in opacity so now its hard to tell. Its hard to tell if you moved your layer above or below a layer. The middle blue line is also gone. I think now the clipping mask is a blue line at the bottom of the layer but moved slightly to the right. Its just......sigh😔. It was easier in v1. It didnt need fixing. I dont know why it changed here. I think it was changed to match the desktop version.

The way it was in v1 was the best. Truthfully, it was the main reason why I used AD for ipad instead of desktop because that middle blue line to show a clipping mask action was such a good indicator for a clipping mask. I hate the way it is on desktop. I hate it. i dont know why its even like that. Why is this above, middle, below, concept hard to grasp?

Sigh. So I need it to go back to the way it was in v1 because this was never an issue. This thick blue line in the layer drop zones was awesome in v1. I need it back. Lowering this blue line's opacity and removing the middle drop zone for a clipping mask action is a mistake. It needs to go back to the way it was in v1. Increase the blue line opacity back to 100% and bring back the middle blue line drop zone for clipping masks.

Please look at the image below for reference. 

Drop Zones.jpg

You know why else having the blue line at 50% opacity is an issue here in v2? Because the layer that your moving is also at 50% opacity. So you got this 50% opacity blue line competing with this 50% opacity layer and theres just no contrast. They're competing for visibility. What should be the most visible here is that blue line at 100% opaxity because thats the indicator you want to see while making these layer movements. So you need to increase that blue lines opacity back to 100% so it can stand out more than your 50% opacity layer. I also kind of feel like the layer being moved at 50% opacity is an issue. I kind of wish that layers opacity thats being moved would go down from 50% to 25% opacity. I dont know if yall can try that out. 

Below is an example of what i mean. 

Layer Blue lines.jpg