You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys, second time asking about this.

Keyshort input isn't working to setup "deselect" in Designer draw mode. 

I am attempting to setup a command-shift-a keyshort to deselect in draw mode designer. I am able to input the keyshort but it doesn't work. In fact the command-d keyshort default doesn't work either (only in pixel mode even though it is shown in the draw mode keyshort prefs window). Only the escape key seems to work to deselect and I'd prefer to stay with my 25 plus year muscle memory keyshort.  

Is this a bug or designed behaviour and if designed I'm wondering why have the ability to assign a keyshort and have it not work?

post-305-0-06071300-1453580598_thumb.png

I fear this shortcut setting targets only the deselection command for pixel selections, retrograde … at least, this is how it looks here …  :(

(Yes, it is a bit confusing, that it is subsumed under “Draw,” but I believe this is due to the fact, that you can also have active pixel selections in Draw Persona.)

• Staff

Hi retrograde,

The command ⌘ (cmd) + D only works with pixel selections as A_B_C pointed out. If you select a vector object and go to the corresponding menu command (Select ▸ Deselect) you will see that it will appear greyed out. It shouldn't be listed in the Keyboard Shortcuts for the Draw Persona. I'm logging this.

• Staff

Hi Kevin, A_B_C,

This is a designed behaviour. The ⌘ (cmd) + D is only used to deselect Pixel selections. It's listed in the Draw Persona because it also works there (to deselect selections carried over from the Pixel Persona). I agree it's a little misleading having it available in the Keyboard Shortcuts in Draw Persona but that's the reason it's there. There's no custom shortcut to deselect vector objects, other than the default ESC.

This should probably be in the Feature Requests section (customisable shortcut to deselect vector objects) otherwise it may get lost here.

Use other design apps? Deselection and Selection Inversion are common, and commonly required operations for Vector object selection.

If you want to add a useful additional Selection feature: sub-object Deselection and Selection Inversion (within the context of the currently selected object) would be very helpful for faster vector editing.