You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serif Draw X8... I would like to see these tools in Affinity Designer v.2 ... and I would be more, than happy :-)

Maybe Serif should consider to re-release DrawPlus. Seriously.
A lot of users will probably be more content with it then they are now with AD 2 (...).
I personally would buy it in a heartbeat if it's less than E 35 and has offline activation.

In fact, Serif would probably have been better off giving DrawPlus a GUI makeover and calling it AD 2.  😄

I'd agree that it would be nice to see many of these tools/features added to Affinity Designer. However, I think there are a few points to keep in mind:

DrawPlus was in development for a much longer time than AD has been. Hopefully some of these features will be added at some point, but DrawPlus and Affinity Designer are two completely different products. Features can't just be added from one to the other, so a lot of work would be needed to add them to AD.

If Serif re-released DrawPlus (or any other of the old legacy software) people would expect it to be updated and maintained, which would divert resources from development of the Affinity software. I honestly can't see that there would be a big enough market for such old software to be commercially viable! Also it would not fit in with the current suite of products, and would not be available for Mac or iPad (which is part of the ethos of the Affinity Suite).

If you still have old copies of DrawPlus, (or PagePlus) they still work, so you can carry on using them, if you want to (as I do occasionally!) 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I hear you, but still; Serif had already an application more than seven years ago with features that now are still lacking in their current application, how bizarre is that? How much time does one need to adjust existing code?

I begin to think that Serif has only two or three developers.

If they had put them all they would not earn money, remember it is not a subscription. They will refactor DrawPlus X8 code and include the same tools, in V3, V4, each version every 5 years. In 20 years you will have them.
They have been programming the app since 1990 a few years after adobe. Do you think they are that fast? They are refactoring the already programmed code.