You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem accepting Mastercard? (split)

i've found a way around this issue. I purchased the universal licence on my ipad instead so it was purchased 'through apple'.. so now im just waiting for the apps to update and for serif to send me my 'keys' 

Its been a bit of a stressful experience but i believe the software to be great value for money and just had to be done.

Anyone got any idea how long it take to receive the activation keys ?

UPDATE: this workaround didn’t work either. My card says pending and Apple emailed to say I had purchased the upgrade but still no licences..I’ve requested a refund from Apple (although they ain’t going to refund something they haven’t actually received so hopefully the card payment will just get cancelled)

so now I don’t know whether to just try again on affinity’s website using PayPal or just forget it and stick with V1

Edited by SteveIOW

Anyone got any idea how long it take to receive the activation keys ?

For version 2 of all the Affinity apps there are no "activation keys".  Activation is via your Affinity Account. 

However, I do realise that a number of users are experiencing the problem that the licence purchase is seemingly not being properly recognised (hence the deluge of posts from users who are worried/angry that they have made the purchase, that their money has allegedly been "taken" and yet they do not have activated products.  They do not seem to be able to accept that Serif will NOT receive any money for these failed transactions and that their own banks will eventually return the amounts to their account or card.)

In the case of this iPad purchase, have you tried going to your account, via the icon and word "Account" towards the bottom left corner of the opening screen in any of the Affinity iPad apps?  What do you then see? 

It is clear that Serif staff are aware of the basic problem of the uncompleted payments and, I suspect, are very concerned about it.  They (Serif) are only a small company, with limited staff demonstrably working extremely hard to resolve the issue.

@Raw

I realise you are one of those affected by this problem but, as a fellow-user who visits these forums regularly and tries to help other users (when I can), can I ask that you do not continue to post the same thing, over and over again, please?  Serif staff have explicitly told you that, either you will get your products fully activated, or you will receive your money back.  Thank you.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

¿Trabajas para ellos? Sí es así espero que te unas a solucionar el problema mio y de miles de usuarios a los que llamas "enfadados" por gastar su dinero, no recibir nada y tener los importes retenidos. En definitiva, por ejercer un derecho de todo consumidor.

Estoy siendo extremadamente educado en mis publicaciones. Es mas, publico un enlace del propio foro de Affinity. ¿Me estas diciendo como, cuando y qué debo publicar?

En esa publicación que parece molestarte, esta la información aportada por mas usuarios, como tu y como yo. Es más, creo que hasta en su hilo está la "solución" que comentas. ¿Que hay de malo en ello?

Gracias.

@Raw

No, I don't work for Serif and I do completely understand why you feel so angry.

All I ask is that you don't keep posting the same thing over and over again!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Cerrar la participación de un hilo del foro que contiene información (tanto de los afectados como de la "solución") solo consigue que el hilo se quede mas abajo y mas afectados abran de nuevo sobre el mismo problema cuando estaría bien que todas esas personas afectadas pudieramos saber que somos muchas. ¿No te extraña que siendo uno de los hilos con mas visualizaciones no se pueda participar?. 

¿Qué te hace pensar que estoy enfadado? ¿Por publicar un hilo que ni siquiera abrí yo? ¿Por publicar un hilo con afectados y una "solución"? 

Vuelvo a preguntar. ¿Me estas diciendo cómo, cuándo y qué debo publicar? Insisto, estoy siendo extremadamente educado en mis publicaciones. Es más, publico un enlace enriquecedor del propio foro de Affinity. 

Saludos.