ariordan

Affinity Designer: PDF import - incorrect character mapping

Hi ariordan,

and welcome here …  :)

Can you get FontAwesome to work properly in Affinity Designer? Seems I cannot format text using FontAwesome v4.4.1 2015 in the current version. Very strange … the font appears in the font list, but when choosing it, a replacement font is used on canvas.

Kind regards,

Alex  :)

I'm afraid we're not going to be able to fix this until we add support for PDF embedded fonts. Currently we need the characters as Unicode, and the PDF doesn't provide a valid Unicode translation. It has a toUnicode map, but it's broken.

Acrobat draws the character correctly, but if you select it and paste it into another app, the character becomes "!" (which the font doesn't define), and the font becomes "Bug Workaround", suggests even Acrobat doesn't know what it means.

What about importing svg files, exported from "autodesk graphic"? 

Al font sizes seem to have funny values e.g. 1,3 instead of 11pts.

>> I have a design set up in Graphic but want to continue in Affinity. A 1:1 import is critical.

Thanks

Sander 

Frustrating... Importing some PDFs with Font Awesome and just spent 30m trying to figure this out. Thought it was the export from the other software that was broken. Hopefully this is in your feature map?