gary1948

resizing document

Ive been have issues with resign pictures. The picture i receive are from many different photographers.

My plan is to crop, color adjust, resize, and to set resolution to 300 dpi. Than exporting as a jpeg to my finish folder.

I've spent an hour doing just that. Double checking in CS PS5 reveals nothing changed. 

whats going on?

Open a picture and its says 25x54" and 72 dpi. I select inches, than resize to 5x8 and 300dpi for print.

I export as a jpeg.

When i place in QXP its still 72 dpi.

Hi gary1948

If you are able to provide a link to any of the images that would help a lot.

I'm guessing that the images you are using contain some metadata? There is a know issue with DPI in metadata overwriting the DPI set in the export. This can be circumvented by de-selecting retain metadata  in the export options.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi gary1948

If you are able to provide a link to any of the images that would help a lot.

I'm guessing that the images you are using contain some metadata? There is a know issue with DPI in metadata overwriting the DPI set in the export. This can be circumvented by de-selecting retain metadata  in the export options.

Cheers

that appears to have been the problem, thanks