Brian D

Cannot drag layers/objects in the layers panel [Designer]

It works just fine for a while, but for some reason locks up in every open document, then I can no longer drag layer or objects around in the layer panel. It clicks and selects the layers no problem, just cannot drag them anymore.

Only fix I've found so far is to save, quit, and restart... then just wait for it to happen again within 20 mins or so.

It's happening again. I can't figure out what specifically is causing it, and it happens after working on a file for some length of time. Once it does happen, it'll repeatedly happen to the same file in a much shorter time.

It's happening again, and this time on a fresh install of OS X with a different file.

I mentioned in another post that I thought BetterTouchTool may have been responsible, but I'm no longer running BTT, so that theory is shot. It's so intermittent that I can understand how it'd be hard to replicate, but once it eventually happens to a file, it'll keep happening to a file; and it's starting to drive me nuts.

The only thing I can think that these files (it's been three so far) have in common; is that they're all artboard based files, and they all have items scattered on the pasteboard.

I've been struggling with this off and on for ages. I just got a new MacBook Pro touch bar, clean install, no migration asst, yet I'm still experiencing it. It's pretty random, and I'm thinking it may have to do with some element in an old file (pretty much the only thing I'm currently using Designer for is a new business so I'm reusing logo elements etc). I haven't spent enough time on a fresh document to know if it's happening on new files. I have triggered it by something as simple as adding a rectangle to a file that's tweaking out.

I'm pretty much just throwing my hat in the ring so you know there are other users still experiencing this.

˓ scott ˒

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Designer 1.5.4 (MAS)