You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager missing icons

2:3

Affinity Publisher V2, MacOs Big Sur 11.17.1, iMac Retina 5K 27" 2019, 8core i9 64GB, RadeonProVega 48 8GB

Icons are displayed only fragmented in the Resource Manager window. This is the icon in the Name column and also the image in the Resource Manager preview. All images are linked as picture frames in the document. Also, when I delete and reinsert the images, some are displayed completely, others fragmented.
Here is a screenshot of the resource manager with a fragmented image and a screenshot with a complete image.

Resource Manager 1.png

Resource Manager 2.png

I just pulled the files over and tested it on MacOS Monterey 12.6.1 on a M1 MacBook Air: same mistakes.

But interestingly, it's partly other images here that have a broken icon. So it doesn't seem to be due to a specific image, but the Resource Manager gets stuck halfway ...

This is very odd. I tried to duplicate this by modifying placed images as much as possible but I couldn't find anything to trigger this issue.

Are you able to duplicate the problem in a document with just a single image or does the problem seem specific to this document?

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hi MikeTO, thanks.

Could this have to do with the fact that the images come from Affinity Photo and are in that format?

I reduced the document to 6 pages (and 6 images) and the file size of each image. I could send it now, if this helps?

Here is a screenshot of the Resource Manager:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-19 um 21.28.06.jpg

6 minutes ago, 2:3 said:

Could this have to do with the fact that the images come from Affinity Photo and are in that format?

I reduced the document to 6 pages (and 6 images) and the file size of each image. I could send it now, if this helps?

Here is a screenshot of the Resource Manager:

It might but I tested with afphoto files now and still couldn't duplicate it. I'm not with Serif so if you want to share the document and one of the problem photos here in public go ahead and I'll try it, otherwise please wait for Serif to provide you with a private upload link for testing.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Yes, there's certainly a lot to do right now ... I will wait until someone from the team can take care of it. I've worked 2 days for zero, but I'm not paid well anyway. ;-)

No, seriously, I've found a workaround for me for now, which is to convert the images to Tiffs. Thank you! + Greetings from Berlin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @2:3,

Since this issue requires linked files to replicate, could you provide me with a packaged version of your file? This can be done via File > Save as Package and then save it to an empty folder, once saved right click the folder in finder > Compress [Filename] and then upload the .zip file to the private dropbox link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/4r1P92quyKAoPqExxanm

Many thanks!

Hi NathanC, thank you for looking into this! I just created a small new 2 page document and dropped some images into it and uploaded all (001 Publisher Test.zip). The screenshot of the Ressource manager looked like this. Greetings

bildschirmfoto_2022-12-02_um_11.41.03.jpg

• Staff
1 hour ago, 2:3 said:

Hi NathanC, thank you for looking into this! I just created a small new 2 page document and dropped some images into it and uploaded all (001 Publisher Test.zip). The screenshot of the Ressource manager looked like this. Greetings

Thanks for sending over your files, after opening your file (but not re-linking the .afphoto files) the resource manager thumbnails appear correctly, it's only after I re-link your resources that the thumbnails get cropped/go missing completely. I've not been able to replicate the issue on Ventura on a brand new doc using the same .afphoto files, however I've logged it with the development team for further investigation/resolution.