You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity website getting Malicious website warning from Norton.

If you're getting a Google result that leads you somewhere dangerous that is not an Affinity site, then it's probably not quite correct to say "Affinity website getting Malicious website warnings", is it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If you want to make a purchase, why not use the link to Affinity at the top of this page rather than Googling for it!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, MME20 said:

What is going on at Affinity and Serif?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Speaking as a user, like yourself: Better, perhaps, to ask what is going on at Norton. It's certainly never warned me about that site.

Or, perhaps, we should discuss where you got that link. If you got it from some web search, and clicked on it, it might actually be a malicious link that merely looks like it says https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/ but actually says something else.

Does Norton warn you if you click on my link just above? Or if you type that into the address bar of your browser? If it does, you should complain to Norton. If not, there probably was something bad with the link you showed us.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

3 hours ago, Nils, Denmark said:

Unfortunately, Norton Safe Web still warns about the correct link.

It doesn't complain for me.

Where did you get the link? Did you type that URL yourself, or click it in some search results? 

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

I've just heard back from our web team regarding this. 

We've had a few instances of this occurring recently. It's likely that we have someone acting spitefully to incorrectly report our site as malicious. Obviously that is not the case, but unfortunately each time this happens we need to submit a new dispute.

Norton won't engage with us separately so our dispute carries the same weight as any other user. 

It would therefore be helpful to us for anyone who come across this to raise a dispute with Norton. Anyone can do that here.

Clearly our website isn't malicious in any way so in this respect Norton is an unreliable source of protection. You may want to look elsewhere for internet security software (or just rely on the protections built in to modern browsers).

For the private user, it is not necessary to spend money on an antivirus solution. Anyone using Windows on the Internet can use Windows Defender with a clear conscience. Windows Defender is always at the top of the list in terms of detection performance and efficiency in the renowned AV test.

And one more aspect should be made clear. Antivirus software needs extensive access to sensitive areas of the operating system. If the software has a gap that is exploited by malware, it usually takes several days until this gap is closed. The Microsoft Response Team reacts much faster here.

As much as Microsoft gets on my nerves with their data-collecting mania, which can be tamed with Pi-Hole or Adguard Home, Defender is worth every euro I have saved.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!