You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More than one computer in household

If by "hook my wife's computer to mine" you mean networking them so that you can share files between them, check out the many options in the Sharing section of System Preferences on each Mac. Minimally, you would want to enable File Sharing & select one or more folders on each Mac to share with the user (your wife or yourself, respectively) of the other Mac.

This can get confusing, so I suggest clicking the question mark in a circle icon in the Sharing preference window to open Mac help & reading about the various sharing options.

As for editing images individually, you each will need to work on a separate copy of the file on each of your Macs -- if you both work on the same file located on one of the Macs, any edits done by either of you will be shared. (plus, only one of you can work on the file at a time -- OS X will not let you both work on the same file at the same time.)

You each will also need to install a copy of the Affinity app(s) on your Macs. You do not have to buy two copies or even set up user accounts for both of you on each Mac. Affinity supports Family Sharing -- see this Apple support document for more about how to set that up -- making the Affinity apps even more of an incredible bargain than you might think.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7