You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any way (in Designer or Photo) to copy the Layer Effects of one layer and apply them to another layer (so you can have precisely the same settings)? 

I used to do this in Photoshop by command-dragging the effect onto another layer (I think it was command ... some modifier anyway!).

Many thanks :-)

(Edit: I like the fact you can have the Layer Effects panel open and then select different layers and the panel updates to show that layer's settings. That helps a bit with entering the same values on another layer.)

• 1 year later...

Yes. Copy the layer (right-click on it in the Layers list, or highlight it, then press Ctrl+C.

Insert into other layer Using the top menu item Edit, then Paste Style or Paste Fx.

I am using Windows.

Lenovo laptop with Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. Former user of most Serif software from PagePlus 3.0 through PagePlus X9, now enjoying Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher.