You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Problem when opening Publisher v1 File in v2

Hi!

I used several templates in publisher v1 for windows, color CMYK, Fogra39

Now i opened this template in v2, adjusted some vector grafics (also cmyk) 100/100/100/100 —> solid black. The color looks very grey instead of black. 

Now the interesting part:

When toggling now to the preview mode: color is shown directly! Also export to eg PDF shows the correct colors. 

Using the exact same file in v1 and inserting the same vector grafic -> all view modes and exports are correct. 

Any idea?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, nucleardirk said:

Sure, here you go, hope you are able to reproduce my issue!

22zoll_v1.aftemplate 513.66 kB · 2 downloads

Well, I can reproduce the problem.

It looks the same to me. Initially I thought maybe the problem comes if you embed a file with a non-CYMK colorspace, but it does the same regardless of colorspace of the placed image. 

I tried converting the template to sRGB and then dropping a sRGB image onto the image field, but it yields the same result too. Everything I place there is de-contrasted quite heavily. Like you, preview mode shows it properly.

I tried it in Designer too with the same behaviour, except for the first time - I placed a sRGB image and it looked even worse, as if viewing an untagged ProPhoto image. 

I deleted all the content as well and placed the image on a blank background, but still the same behaviour. I think there might be something weird with the template, although I could not find anything obvious causing the issue. 

1 hour ago, lacerto said:

You have Column Guides defined and then guides turned on. Preview mode turns the guides and fill effect defined for the guides off. The bug seems to be in that version 2 reads the column guide fill color differently so the color value is more gray when read in app version 2 than when read in app version 1. 

Seems very buggy. Changing the fill colour to white in the Guides dialog box seems to do nothing. It still looks like it has the same grey overlay.

@nucleardirk changing from filled to outline style (View-->Guides) removes the grey and restores the original look of the image placed in the picture frame as does switching off "Show Column Guides" in the View menu. Not sure whether that will work for you.

7 hours ago, rvst said:

Seems very buggy. Changing the fill colour to white in the Guides dialog box seems to do nothing. It still looks like it has the same grey overlay.

@nucleardirk changing from filled to outline style (View-->Guides) removes the grey and restores the original look of the image placed in the picture frame as does switching off "Show Column Guides" in the View menu. Not sure whether that will work for you.

Thanks!
Thats indeed the problem - the workaround solved it.

Interstingly I never used those "fill colour" for the Guides....

2 hours ago, nucleardirk said:

Thats indeed the problem - the workaround solved it.

Note that the actual setting that turns off effect of any guide setting is having both column and row setting set at value of 1:

The setting that you had may have come from another work as it is easy to ignore the effect of column fill if it is near white. The discrepancy between interpreting the fill color value in versions 1 and 2 is clearly a bug and worth reporting (even if the effect is not shown in exported documents).