Roland Rick

[Duplicate] "Affinity Photo" Folder in iCloud Missing, Double Click opens .afphoto in Designer

Not urgent, but nice to have, if this could be fixed in future versions of Affinity Photo:

Affinity Designer creates its own special folder in iCloud.

Affinity Photos does not.

Problem: If you store Affinity Photo files in the "./iCloud/Affinity Designer" folder (a Affinity Photo folder is yet not created by Affinity Photo in iCloud) and double click them, the Affinity Photo files are always opened with Designer instead of Photo - even if the standard for file opening is set to Affinity Photo.

It seems to be a side effect of the iCloud storage, that this is fixed to "Open with: Affinity Designer" - what can not be changed as long the .afphoto files remains in iCloud storage. As soon the file is copied or moved to local disk space, everything works as expected.

Please see also the attached file: the check at "Open with: Affinity Designer" can not be changed to "Affinity Photo" and as long the file remains in the Affinity Designer folder in iCloud, double clicking opens always the .afphoto files in Designer instead of Affinity Photo - even if as Default Affinity Photo is selected.

FYC: I am working in a Standard user account without Administrator permissions. I did not check wether this behavior changes if your account has admin permissions.

Best regards,

Roland

post-15247-0-50710500-1453447696_thumb.png

post-15247-0-49457700-1453447701_thumb.png

post-15247-0-98544400-1453447705_thumb.png

post-15247-0-45732400-1453447711_thumb.png

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Roland,

I'm on an admin account and .afphoto files open in photo for me when stored in the designer iCloud folder.  I would also like to see a folder added for photo as well.  Would be nice to keep things separate.

Nick

Nick, I switched my account from Standard to Admin, rebooted, tried as user with Admin rights, please have here the results:

• no "Affinity Photo" folder is created in iCloud Drive (Designer did so)
  • nor are the .afphoto files sent to Affinity Photo on double click, even with admin rights they still opened in Affinity Designer (on double click)
  • ...this even if standard program is set to AP as shown in my screen shots above.

@Developers, may be this is interesting for you, FYC: I permanently work with a Standard Account, if necessary, I enter user/pass of an Admin user - but from within the Standard account directly. I do not switch user, also not for installation, because App Store has Admin rights. This means: installation is done by App Store with Admin rights but initial start of Affinity Designer (I purchased first) and Photo (I purchased about a week later, can not remember exactly) have been made by a Standard user.

Best regards, Roland

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Hi There,

I have the same issue with iCloud Drive. I have admin rights on my mac and bought both apps at the same time. Only AF Designer created a visible folder AF Photo looks like it did but it redirects to AF Designer when chosen. It would be awesome to have this fixed so far this is an actual bug. Don't know if it's working as intended which I can't believe though.

Also, .afphoto files saved in the AF Designer folder in iCloud drive open in AF designer despite it being .afphoto. In the context menu AFdesigner is even the first choice. So this definitely looks odd to me.

Thanks for taking the time having a look at it.

Cheers

post-16447-0-44026500-1459994863_thumb.png

post-16447-0-57135100-1459994869_thumb.png

post-16447-0-16129500-1459994873_thumb.png

post-16447-0-66009700-1459995207_thumb.png