You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity suite v2 .. forgot to uninstall!

I sold my Windows laptop yesterday and re-initialised it to factory settings before the sale but I totally forgot to uninstall the Affinity V2 apps before I did the reset. Does this mean that I’ve lost one install on my purchase?

The reset option in windows said that all apps and data would be removed and Windows would be re-installed but I remember seeing something in the initial screen about uninstalling the licences or something in the new V2 apps and I feel that I was supposed to do that first..

As far as I can tell they don't count seats. From the conditions

As a private individual, you can download, install, use and run for personal use, one copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running either (depending on your purchased license) Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) or macOS (“Mac Computer”) that you personally own or control.

As a commercial enterprise, you can download, install, use and run one copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) or Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that they use, own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer Mac Computer(s) (depending on your purchased license) that you own or control.

2 hours ago, homeyJay said:

Errr.. that’s the problem. The machine’s been sold and the disk’s been wiped before sale!

In order to activate the apps, one has to login (depending on where you bought the apps, e. g. app store/Affinity account). So no worries, whoever bought your laptop should not be able to do that. Even if he'd install them, they'd run as trial versions only. 

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

Ok, I’m not worried that he’ll be able to use them - the drive was wiped and Windows re-installed!

All I was worried about was that because I’d not de-registered the apps first and then uninstalled them, somehow my install count (if Affinity maintains such data) would not have be debited by one. Probably an unnecessary worry but, hey, that’s me! 😁