You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trial Version issues

I downloaded the trial to see if it is significantly better than v. 1, and the file was a msix, I had to google how to open it.

The first thing I did was open my last file and attempt to change style of a paragraph. I put the cursor on the text, and hit the "MyQuote" style and nothing happened, just the same as with version 1.

I got into the habit of creating two styles exactly alike, because the text would not update when I updated a style, so I had to click some other style then back to the one I wanted again and the paragraph would update.

But for some reason it does not want to do that now. I have the text set for New times roman, which is what it was in the original .docx file before I imported, but for some reason it shows up as Bell MT. So I click the style I have set and it will not change.

I am NOT going to go through a 300 page book and select each section of quoted text and change the font.

I will NOT BUY THIS PROGRAM and I am going to change back to MS Publisher. I am tired of swearing at this program.

Bye.

15 minutes ago, okmike said:

I put the cursor on the text, and hit the "MyQuote" style and nothing happened, just the same as with version 1.

Did you actually have any of the text selected (highlighted) when you did this?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, R C-R said:

Did you actually have any of the text selected (highlighted) when you did this?

99% of the time I do not need to select the text, and should not have to, just clicking a style applies all the features of it to that paragraph. It is same with MS Publisher.

• 2 months later...