You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinty Designer/Phot just keeps crashing!!

Kirk M

Really disappointed!!

Since installing all three apps (only have tested Designer and Photo at the moment) They crash. Every time I copy and paste OR Export slices (and other times)

I then get the following dialogue box pops up when I open the software again

You’ll need to go to advanced options for Affinity Designer 2 and select Repair. If you’re still having issues with it, reinstall this app or contact your administrator.

I have repaired etc to no help. I then uninstall and install the same problem happens again??

I have tried with OpenCL acceleration ON and OFF and changed other  settings which doesn't really help.

I'm currently running the latest Windows 11 using a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 ti

Please HELP??

AFFINITY DESIGNER 2 AND  AND PHOTO 2
ALWAYS CRASHING SINCE I'VE BOUGHT THE NEW PACKAGE?

Can anyone tell me Why Affinity DESIGNER and PHOTO 2 are Always Crashing, and I mean every few minutes.

Here is my PC so you can tell me if you think it is that.

• Intel i9 9900X SKY-LAKE X CORE 10 Cores/20 Threads
  • ASUS RAMPAGE 6 EXTREME MOTHERBOARD
  • 64 GB OF CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3 3600 RAM
  • NVIDIA RTX2080 GRAPHICS CARD
  • 3 X SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS SSD 2TB DRIVES NVME
  • CORSAIR HX 1000 WATTS POWER SUPPLY

I have tried every thing, uninstalled both apps so many times, uninstalled many other programs
to try and give Windows 11 a break, but still No luck at all.

I Never had this problem with Designer 1, it's only with DESIGNER AND PHOTO 2
which is a real shame because I was so excited to Finally Buy Package #2 but I can not get any work done
and I am out of ideas.

I am on the verge of UN-Installing Windows 11 and Re-Installing it, but now I am Not sure if it would make any
difference.

Does anyone have any ideas, because I do not want to go back to Adobe, I have waited so long to finally
cancel my subscriptions with the new Affinity Package #2.

I really need to get my work underway as I have Clients waiting and at this rate I will miss my Deadlines.

Here is my Email: kevinborgnz@outlook.com
so that Staff can Email me and help me out because I do not know what else to do.

Thanks for any Help you can give.

Cheers Kev Borg

I found a lot of other detailed bugs in all three applications that even caused crashes on execution - but can't confirm constant overall crashing. I use Windows 10.

Can you please post your exact Windows 11 version and device specs for the support team. Don't know, where to find this in Windows 11. In Windows 10 this is here:

image.png.2d971d7caf4525026c9f33b88ece2dcc.png

Something like this:

image.png.c3c9fea075026f40fe47ff42bcef0251.png

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3296, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:24 PM, Kirk M said:

Really disappointed!!

Since installing all three apps (only have tested Designer and Photo at the moment) They crash. Every time I copy and paste OR Export slices (and other times)

I then get the following dialogue box pops up when I open the software again

You’ll need to go to advanced options for Affinity Designer 2 and select Repair. If you’re still having issues with it, reinstall this app or contact your administrator.

I have repaired etc to no help. I then uninstall and install the same problem happens again??

I have tried with OpenCL acceleration ON and OFF and changed other  settings which doesn't really help.

I'm currently running the latest Windows 11 using a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 ti

Please HELP??

Please find my laptop specs attached

SNAP.jpg

• Staff

If V2 apps are crashing on your systems, can I ask you to follow the steps in this FAQ to retrieve crash reports from the time/date when the app crashed. Upload them here and they can be reviewed to see if they narrow down the cause.

If you can also include Windows version and also graphics card model and driver version installed, and any particular workflow at the time of the crash, just in case.

29 minutes ago, Lee D said:

If V2 apps are crashing on your systems, can I ask you to follow the steps in this FAQ to retrieve crash reports from the time/date when the app crashed. Upload them here and they can be reviewed to see if they narrow down the cause.

If you can also include Windows version and also graphics card model and driver version installed, and any particular workflow at the time of the crash, just in case.

Hi Please find details as attached. I'm also using the following graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti  (Driver ver: 31.0.15.2698). The workflow is as described at the beginning of the post. Thanks

SNAP.jpg

991ca17c-225f-42b4-b0f9-589eace4fb29.dmp 1039bea2-3142-4136-af63-4aa01ed5c2e0.dmp

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...