You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image frame fill colour disappears when placing an image in Publisher

Intuos5

When placing an image, the fill colour of my image frames disappears in Publisher when the file is linked. The first file is copied from the web and pasted into the image frame. The second image is saved to disk and then brought into the frame with the replace image button (I had to actually replace images earlier to retain scale and position).

Notice that when the image is deleted, it leaves a white mark where the fill is supposed to be. Removing the stroke of the object gets rid of this, despite not having applied a stroke, nor a stroke colour.

1725866631_Imageframefillcolour.thumb.gif.65fe3298f07f032135b1cbe6ec875481.gif

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an image frame that spans the entire page

2. Select the image frame and apply a fill to it

3. Click the replace image button and place an image

4. Notice how the fill colour of the image frame disappears.

Image placing policy is set to embedded.

This is on Windows 10 19044.2251 (21H2).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Intuos5,

Many thanks for providing detail, As far as I'm aware this is by design and the same behaviour is in V1, if you were to paste an image inside the frame from your clipboard as demonstrated on your first page, this will cause the image to be placed as a child layer, rather than framed content (framed content is indicated by that little 'x' frame marker on the bottom right hand corner of the layer thumbnail) and as such, the frame is still visible along with the assigned fill colour.

However, if the image is placed as framed content into the frame (E.G via file > place or 'replace image') and then re-scaled to be smaller, the outer area of the frame will be transparent to show layers below, the frame fill colour is not shown because the framed content has replaced the picture frame guides/fill.

I do get the same behaviour after deleting framed content as shown in your second gif, though zooming in/out causes the fill colour of the frame to re-draw correctly.