You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The latest version is 2.3.5 (build 2352). You can check/update uour version clicking on the About button on the top right of the plug-in interface.

If it still doesn't run it may be something outside Affinity interfering. Do you have any third-party menu apps running like windows managers, clipboards managers and such?  

As I said earlier, I don't believe there would be anything else like clipboard managers, etc.

When I click on "Open Default Folder in Finder" I'm taken to this path:  (My Name) / library / containers / com.seriflabs.affinityphoto / data / library / application support / plugins / portraiture.plugin

Instead of taking me to:  /applications / imagnomic / portraiture 2 plug-in

Just in case this helps.

post-5649-0-69136800-1454604829_thumb.png

• Staff

That's expected. The Open Default Folder button opens a folder where Affinity automatically checks for plug-ins.

But since Affinity Photo is not yet recognised as a host it's strange that you have a Portraiture plug-in file there.

Have you placed it there manually or pointed to that folder during installation?

I came back a few hours later to run some test photos through Affinity Photo and Portraiture and ran into problems.

If I choose the output from Portraiture to be "New Layer", Portraiture closes and takes me back to Affinity Photo, with no change to the photo. In other words Portraiture did nothing.

If I choose the output to be "Current Layer", Affinity crashes 100% of the time.

Also, if I choose "New Document" it's the same as "New Layer". Portraiture does nothing.

I did download and install the latest Portraiture Plugin and restarted my machine as instructed by Imagnomic.

Any ideas???

UPDATE: This only seems to happen when starting with a RAW file, moving through the Develop Persona, and onto the Photo Persona. When opening an existing JPEG file, Portraiture works as expected. So, it seems that it is not possible to work a RAW file from start to finish when including Portraiture into the workflow.

Still open for suggestions.

• 1 month later...

Well, I just make some time to transfer my plugins from PS6 to Affinity Photo.

And for me - Portraiture wont create new layer or document neither.

No matter if document is 8 or 16bit, color format… opened from raw of afphoto… No new layers with results from Portraiture are created.

It works only with Current layer export option.

I went trought all recommendations from previous post. Any new ideas on this?

thnx

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi videomaster,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you give us a few more details? Are you running Windows or macOS? Does the plugin doesn't work for you with 8bit images, or doesn't work at all after the last update? What happens when you try to run it on an 8bit images? I've been testing a few recently but haven't tried Portraiture with the latest version yet.

• 2 weeks later...