You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 tutorials for beginners to start out with

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. Just a quick update. I've submitted the course I've been working on to www.udemy.com for approval. All being well it will be up for sale very soon. It contains just over 50 lectures and 7.5 hours of content. But if you see it before I get the chance to put a promotion code in place please hang off buying it just yet. I want to be sure you can take advantage of the 50% off the price introductory offer. I'll make an announcement on this thread and start a new one with a more appropriate title and give details then. So thanks for all the support and kind words; it has made a difference...

It's here - https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/

Also, until April 4th you can get the course at half price if you enter this coupon code - IntroPromo . Go to the page and just under the Take This Course box there's a 'redeem a coupon' link. Enter the code into there.

I'll put a new thread up on the forum as an official announcement, but for now, if you are reading this, I hope the course serves you well.

Hi Drippy Cat,

Thanks for the update. You have a new student :) I look forward to taking my first steps on the road to understanding photo editing etc in Affinity Photo. I suppose i better buy the package now  :lol:

Hooray, super tutorials at last I have managed to open a picture, crop it and alter some of the white/black balance and some colour change, which for an absolute beginner before it was like treading through mud.  Well done for simple language tutorial, I shall be following each with very keen interest. Thank you so much, well done.

boybrown, jmac, Chipotle and wendywoo - Thank you all so much! It's always a nervous moment when you release something into the world. The fact that you got back so soon about it has made my day. Oh, and Elf, thank you for your kind words in the review section over at udemy. People do read the reviews and they make a difference. Thank you all again!

• 7 months later...

The YouTube videos are excellent, so signing up for Solid Foundations looks like a no brainer!  But I'm a Windows user - do you expect anything significant to change once the Windows version is out of beta test?

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Hi IanSG & thanks for signing up!

I hope a moderator can chip in on this because it's really not for me to comment on their software. I can only give a personal opinion which comes from someone who uses both a PC and a Mac for their work. I've downloaded the beta and I can see no significant difference. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing of note is that the preferences menu item is usually in the Edit menu for a PC & the [name of software] left most menu on a Mac. Also I believe Serif have said that the software is written to be platform independent as much as possible, i.e. easier to maintain and port across platforms. From that you can see they know what they are doing. But I'll be adding to the Solid Foundations course once the 1.5 update has been officially released (not fair on anyone to do tutorials based on betas) so it stays up to date and relevant.

Hi wumpabill. Hmm... I've just checked the three links from the first post on this thread and they all worked for me using Chrome. Here's the links again:

- Affinity Photo Tutorial for Beginners - 101 - don't panic!

- Affinity Photo Tutorial for Beginners - 102 - What is a Layer?

- Affinity Photo Beginners 103 - 5 Essential Photo Editing Steps

I'll try clicking these once I've posted this comment to see what happens...

Edit - Yes. Just checked them and they worked for me. Try them & see what happens?