You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.3dm support for Import and Export

To add to the current DXF and DWG imports, I want to also request .3dm file imports and exports. For me, Rhinoceros has been much more consistent with the way it displays hatches (see the jagged hatch issue below) and it has many other features that make it my preferred choice over Autocad, which includes that it has a huge range of file types it supports for further exporting.

Solved: Problem: PDF print generates strange lines over hatch objects (ACAD  2012 LT) - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD LT

There are plenty of designers (ranging from naval, to architecture to industrial design) using Rhino and it would be nice to have native file support without the need to export from Rhino to import to Affinity.

.3dm files support both 2d geometry and 3d geometry. Autocad can do 3d as well, DWGs can be entire 3d models too.

That said, my request only pertains to 2d geometry. I don't expect any 3D capabilities in Affinity (nor should those be added as long as the 2D workflow can be improved).