You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V2, updates, pricing and no subscription (moved)

We already knew that the new version would come as a one time buy so will be the next one and the next one ad nauseam.

If you think it's not worth the upgrade yet,just wait for the moment you feel it is. I bought day 1 as I am an early adopter and felt it was totally worth it already. If you bought into affinity a couple of months ago you don't have to run to the stores yet. Eventually people decide for themselves. 

Anyway the notice is out. V2 is released, this will be the  version that will be updated with new features and if you think it's worth it, like i do, get it and if not wait a couple of months. Simple.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, BigGandalf said:

Any Moderators, I have Emailed 3 days ago and haven't heard anything back yet

Please see my reply to you regarding this here -

On 11/18/2022 at 2:16 PM, Dan C said:

Thanks for letting me know - we have small team of staff working around the clock to reply to our users as soon as possible - there is certainly a delay currently due to the overwhelming support following the V2 launch, but we will be responding to each and every customer that contacts us, as soon as we can.

Thanks for your continued patience here.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
1 hour ago, BigGandalf said:

Ticket #793414

Thank you.

I can confirm that your email is with the Customer Service team. As you can imagine, since the launch of V2 both Customer Services and Technical Support have been inundated with support contacts and we're currently working our way through these contacts on a first come, first serve basis. We can only apologise for the wait but you will get a reply as soon as possible.

I will hide comments related to this particular post as there's no need to discuss this further.

It's literally pennies a month when you amortize it out over the lifetime of the product. People pay $50-$100 for a microwave that has a 6 months warranty, no option to upgrade at a discount and no bug fixes. It seems totally skewed the way people view software compared to other stuff in their lives. WebP export would be a nice edition for us web designers. Thanks for providing a great and alternative product.

4 minutes ago, Al S said:

WebP export would be a nice edition for us web designers.

"Would be"? It's there in V2.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just my 2 cents. Initially I thought, why no upgrade pricing for existing V1 customers. I bought Photo through the Apple store in 2015 I think and then Designer and Publisher on their website so they could save the Apple charge. I also bought the 3 books accompanying it, in 2020-2021. Good resources.

But I understand their reasoning about pricing, and why should I want a deeper discount or be jealous that a new customer gets a good price? For the suite price of ca. EUR 119 you get good apps on your iPad too, that will last you quite a few years. I will purchase it this week on their website again, to save the Apple charge.

If they want to do something extra for V1 users, a free upgrade to the book with the new features would be appreciated. Like a free PDF or else only charge a shipping fee plus small markup for the updated books.

Edited by Etiennefuji

I admit, I logged in to see if there was an upgrade available via the website/store, but that seemed more like a reflex because upgrades are often offered. I don't need 2/3 of the universal licence because I'm not using Apple products unless forced to at work, but it's still a great bargain.

Even buying the individual programs at their regular prices would have been ok, but then I'm just happy to have an alternative to CC. And since I'm still missing some features, I sure hope development will go on for many years to come ;)
And if that means I'll buy the program allover again every couple of years than so be it.

(Have some people forgotten what the Creative Suites have cost - even as upgrades? Or are people just hit with pre-CC nostalgia?)

• Staff

Hi All - again I appreciate all the feedback on this, I can assure you it’s all been listened to. However, this seems to be digressing quite a lot and we will now lock this thread. I’m going to post a fresh post with my original statement in announcements (this one will be moved into the question forum). This will allow me to post any further updates about this on a clean post, particularly when we have the free content pack for V1 upgraders available 👍

Thanks again,

Ash

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2