You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Apps for Mac: How can I "unlink" my Apps from my Apple account and link them to my Serif account?

Affinity Apps for Mac: How can I "unlink" my Apps from my Apple account and link them to my Serif account?

Hello, just downloaded and installed v2 of all 3 apps on 3 platforms

Had all of them too in v1 and for all of them I downloaded from Serif account and linked manually the 3 Apps to my Serif account.. Worked fine, could restore my "Contents" or my "Add-Ons"

In v2, I chose (not sure why in hindsight) to link my 3 Apps to my Apple or Windows accounts. 

Here on Mac OS, in Affinity Designer / Photo / Publisher.. I can NOT see or access my Serif account and therefore cannot see or restore my "Contents" or my "Add-Ons"

Any help as to how I can unlink my 3 Affinity apps to my Apple Store account (I guess it's stored in iCloud..) 

Thanks in advance, kind regards

Erik

Hello Garry, thx, but I have the "Affinity V2 Universal License" so this it not a number of licences question... 

Question:  How can I "unlink" my Apps from my Apple account and link them to my Serif account?

Thx, rgds, Erik

1 minute ago, Gaul said:

Hello Garry, thx, but I have the "Affinity V2 Universal License" so this it not a number of licences question... 

Question:  How can I "unlink" my Apps from my Apple account and link them to my Serif account?

Thx, rgds, Erik

I’m not sure what you mean here. Did you register your Universal Licence with your Affinity ID? 

3 minutes ago, Gaul said:

So, you bought the Universal License from Apple Store, then, I'm afraid, you can't do much about it. What you can do though is to ask Apple Store for a refund (within 2 weeks of purchase, I believe) and then buy the Universal License from Serif store.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Hello, thought it was clear, sorry if not the case

On Mac OS, I did download all 3 Apps directly from Apple App Store (and not from the Serif site) and I also accepted a warning message in the lines of "do you want to link your Affinity apps with your Apple account...?" to which I replied "yes"... 

The apps start fine but the "My Account" menu in any of the 3 Affinity apps is now greyed out...

Thx, Gaul

2 minutes ago, Seneca said:

So, you bought the Universal License from Apple Store, then, I'm afraid, you can't do much about it. What you can do though is to ask Apple Store for a refund (within 2 weeks of purchase, I believe) and then buy the Universal License from Serif store.

Hello, I actually bought the "Affinity V2 Universal License" from the Microsoft Store and installed all 3 Apps on iPad / Mac and Microsoft ... All installs OK

I think it's more a question for Mac experts 

Thx, will try on a Mac forum

Rgds

Erik

Just now, Gaul said:

I think it's more a question for Mac experts 

This is nothing to do with Apple or apple experts, I'm afraid.

You need to ask for a refund from your Microsoft Store and then buy the license directly from Affinity.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

I hope this clarifies the process (and reasons for it).

When you purchase from an App store, they do not pass on the purchase information to us. Because of this, you need to either create an account with us via the prompt when launching or sign in with your existing Affinity ID on the app that you made the purchase. This will then tell us that you made the purchase, and activate the appropriate apps once you sign in to them.

If for some reason the App hasn't registered your purchase, sometimes a reboot of the device can trigger this on next launch.

Finally if this doesn't work please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

This should now allow you to access the software and register it with your Affinity ID.

Lee

21 minutes ago, LeeThorpe said:

I hope this clarifies the process (and reasons for it).

When you purchase from an App store, they do not pass on the purchase information to us. Because of this, you need to either create an account with us via the prompt when launching or sign in with your existing Affinity ID on the app that you made the purchase. This will then tell us that you made the purchase, and activate the appropriate apps once you sign in to them.

If for some reason the App hasn't registered your purchase, sometimes a reboot of the device can trigger this on next launch.

Finally if this doesn't work please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

This should now allow you to access the software and register it with your Affinity ID.

Lee

Thx Lee, will try! Kind rgds

5 hours ago, Seneca said:

This is nothing to do with Apple or apple experts, I'm afraid.

You need to ask for a refund from your Microsoft Store and then buy the license directly from Affinity.

Hello Seneca, FYI, I am all up and running..

or info, no need to get a refund from the Microsoft store 

One can buy on SERIF website / on APPLE Store / on MICROSOFT Store and still use freely all apps on all platforms:

• iPad
  • Mac
  • Windows

Thx