You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The serif must be allowed to upgrade so that version 1 does not remain a usable program.

Hello?
Allow version 1 users to upgrade to version 2.
The current purchasing method leaves version 1, a program that is available, unused.
If a version 1 user purchases a new version 2, no one uses the existing version 1.
You must upgrade version 1 programs so that they do not remain available.
I think it's the most reasonable way to do that regardless of the upgrade price.
Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Seon Jae, Jeon said:

If a version 1 user purchases a new version 2, no one uses the existing version 1.

What do you mean? I still use both the V1 apps along with the V2 ones.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 minutes ago, R C-R said:9분 전에 R C-R이 말했다:

What do you mean?그게 무슨 말이죠? I still use both the V1 apps along with the V2 ones.저는 아직도 V1 앱과 V2 앱을 함께 사용하고 있습니다.

Why do you keep using version 1?
I don't use version 1, so I feel like the remaining programs are a waste.
We usually upgrade from the old version at a lower price than the new one, but the old version is gone... I think that's a better way.
I didn't mean to surprise you.^^

But many popular apps are installed separately for each version.

These coexists on the PC.
Photoshop CC 2021
Photoshop CC 2022
CorelDraw 2020
CorelDraw 2021
The new version does not override the old version.

Because the new version often has bugs for a while. people tend to keep the old version.
Same goes for Affinity.
I'll keep V1 for a while.

9 hours ago, Seon Jae, Jeon said:

Why do you keep using version 1?

Some of us need to send work and collaborate with users that can't upgrade to V2 either because of a production Mac / PC that won't upgrade to Affinity's min spec OS or they need to use other apps that don't run on AFFinity's Min spec OS.

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

10 hours ago, Seon Jae, Jeon said:

Hello?
Allow version 1 users to upgrade to version 2.
The current purchasing method leaves version 1, a program that is available, unused.
You must upgrade version 1 programs so that they do not remain available.
I think it's the most reasonable way to do that regardless of the upgrade price.
Thank you.

Why don't you just uninstall it manually? Serif should not force the uninstall of V1.

Upgrading, meaning a new, improved, product is common place. Would you expect your car manufacturer to just place newer parts on your older car and say it's a brand new car? Certainly not. The parts probably wouldn't fit on your older car.

As long as I can recall, software upgrades meant a new product, program (now called apps). When you purchase the upgrade (not update), you're paying for all the time put in by the developers to create this new, shiny product, hopefully to last several more years. :)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I'm obviously missing something here!

You have one version of a product. – You buy a newer version of the product.

You can keep both versions and use them side by side, or delete the old one, if you no longer want to use it.

If you don't want to keep your old version, but someone else does want to keep their old version as well as the new one, why does that matter to you?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad