You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher V2 on iPad: eps in picture frame mysteriously becomes invisible

JustARalf

An eps placed on top of an image keeps disappearing every time I try to select it. It pretends to be “back” when I close and re-open the app but disappears from the design as soon as I select it, however it remains visible in the page thumbnail. In the resource manager clicking on the eps’ arrow for (I assume) details crashes the app.

While trying to figure out what the hell is going on I found out I can’t toggle visibility of anything anymore. Hiding the background image only changes the layer’s thumbnail. Toggling preview mode doesn’t do anything.

Side note: double clicking the eps in layers opens the original eps. After once closing the document with command-w (just because I am so used to do so) the whole project became impossible to open.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 6:03 AM, JustARalf said:

An eps placed on top of an image keeps disappearing every time I try to select it

Hi there JustARalf, just saw you post and no reply. Are you still having this issue in current release? 
If so, is it just EPS files, does it happen with new files too? What model iPad and iOS version are you running. Finally if you can attach a sample file giving this issue there are plenty of forum members here happy to take a look at it🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...

1Hey DM1,

sorry for not answering in a more timely fashion. It appears as if this has been resolved in Version 2.0.4.1701.

However, there’s the side note: “Side note: double clicking the eps in layers opens the original eps. After once closing the document with command-w (just because I am so used to do so) the whole project became impossible to open.“ The exact same issue just killed a project in Designer V2 after I had placed a PDF, double-clicked to edit it and hit command-w.