You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing selections; inpaint brush

Hello two things.

There is some very weird behaviour of the inpaint brush tool in photo. It sometimes erratically paints vast areas of an image red, though ultimately it does what is requested.

In Publisher a selected image or group of images does not scale up proportionally when using the control or shift keys with a mouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @ms.fuentecilla,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that I'm unable to replicate either of these issues here currently - are you able to provide a screen recording of this happening for me?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

On 11/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, ms.fuentecilla said:

In Publisher a selected image or group of images does not scale up proportionally when using the control or shift keys with a mouse.

If you have multiple images selected which are ungrouped, then you'll need to use the keyboard shortcuts to retain the aspect ratio of the images, as required.

For multiple images that are grouped, if you select this group and then transform it using the Move Tool, the aspect ratio is automatically retained, in this case you would need to use Shift if you don't want the group to retain the aspect when scaling.

I can confirm it is by design for this behaviour to be different between a multi-selection, and a Group selected :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thank you Dan C. I fully understand the situation about the pressures and further exploration brought me to what you suggest, resulting in a successful photo book.

The video tutorials are a good start because I had missed so many of the improvements. Will printed manuals also be produced or were the earlier ones not successful? 

Michael

• Staff

No problem at all Michael, we certainly understand - just so you know part of your reply has been hidden from your post, but I've been sure to pass this through to the relevant team internally :)

As far as I'm aware, we don't have any plans for a V2 Workbook at this time, my apologies!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)