You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export BUG. Critical.

It looks as though there is a bug rendering the Gaussian Blur you have applied to the stethoscope when using the following pdf presets:

• PDF (Print)
  • PDF (Press Ready)
  • PDF X-4

I'm unsure the intended purpose for the graphic but if you wish to maintain the RGB colour profile of your source Designer document in the exported PDF using one of the Affinity PDF Presets then the following PDF Presets will work:

• PDF (Digital - high quality)
  • PDF (Export)
  • PDF (Flatten)

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Indeed... It seems to be a bug when applying the blur to the group... if you apply the blur to the individual layers within the group (and remove it from the group itself) then it exports correctly.

This bug is already present in v1. I remember last year there was a thread with similar scenarios were we've posted a plethora of experiments and workarounds. If only I could find it…

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Interesting, I copy/pasted the graphic into V1 and all pdf variations exported correctly so there ‘appears’ to be a specific issue with the V2 exports…

Not suggesting there isn’t an issue with V1 but having previously tested this in V1 I don’t recall it being quite the same issue though I could be wrong…

5 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Interesting, I copy/pasted the graphic into V1 and all pdf variations exported correctly

So did I, and they exported incorrectly. That's on MacOS Catalina, and I can only preview the PDF in Preview.app, because Acrobat X doesn't run on Catalina.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 3 weeks later...