You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

today I´m wondering how to insert graphic text with an automatic frame.

I have to label some places and would like to differ some of the labels by bordering them with a frame.

I guess that a manual bordering would cause inaccuracies, so I´m looking for an automatic solution.

It would be great if someone could tell me something about this.

And if so it would be very helpful if this would be possible very detailed as I´m not used to design and affinity :) .

Thanks in advance und my best regards,

sandfraeulein

I'm in the same boat, sandfraulein. With Illustrator you can have text inside a frame, then specify the distance from the text to each edge as well as colour the stroke/fill if desired. Having to draw a border around every single box not only takes more time, it also does indeed introduce the strong possibility of inaccuracies occurring. 

I think that a good workaround might be to draw a rectangle (or other desired shape), then to to Layer --> Convert to text frame, and add type. Controlling distance from the edges of the frame can be done in the Paragraph palette. I just tried this out, and it falls apart unfortunately, because it won't let you add a stroke to the frame, only the text. At least doing it this way you'd still have a frame to snap to, which would solve the inaccuracy problem. This really needs to happen - might be worth a post in the feature request section.

MacBook Pro 15" 32GB RAM, iPad Pro 12.9" + Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil.  Software tools of my trade: Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | PDF Expert | Drafts | The Archive | Plutio  

https://eandrpublications.com.au