You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Custom Shortcuts broken at relaunch

hecjvaldez

Yep, same here! I tried to CMD+ to zoom-in, but nothing happened. So I checked the preferences and Zoom-In was set to CMD!, so I changed it to CMD+. Didn't worked. So I went back to preferences and Zoom-In was set to SHIFT-CMD-1. What the... I overwrote it with CMD+, closed the preferences window, wasn't able to zoom-in with CMD+, reopened the preferences window and Zoom-In was set to CMD`.

I mean... WHAT THE....????

Btw.: Manually setting to "Serif Default" doesn't do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @hecjvaldez & @Gerald Joehri,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that I've tried to replicate this here and my shortcuts are being retained following an app restart - can you please confirm for me:

• What version of macOS are you running currently?
  • Does this occur when restarting the Affinity app, or when restarting the mac itself?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

5 minutes ago, Dan C said:
  • What version of macOS are you running currently?

Hi

Until 5 days ago I was running Monterey on my Mac. Now, after upgrading to Ventura, the issue still remains.

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:
  • Does this occur when restarting the Affinity app, or when restarting the mac itself?

I can restart whatever I want. It's not possible to change the shortcuts to CMD+ Zoom-In

• Staff

Thanks for verifying that for me - I've tested on 3 separate macs, 2 running Monterey and 1 running Ventura - all of which worked as expected and retained my shortcuts.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the Preferences dialog, showing the exact shortcuts you are attempting to change?

Can you also please confirm, did you install the app from the Affinity Store or Mac App Store? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@hecjvaldez and @Gerald Joehri do your respective keyboard layouts match this one, in particular the position of the single quote and plus keys?

1039558778_KeyboardShortcuts.jpg.a9b3c6608ee3f5fc8a1253bc6c07b31c.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

35 minutes ago, Hangman said:

@hecjvaldez and @Gerald Joehri do your respective keyboard layouts match this one, in particular the position of the single quote and plus keys?

Thanks, but did you see my screenshots? Why do you think something could be wrong with my keyboard settings, when the software is randomly changing its short cut settings? Btw. I got a keyboard with Num Pad.

However... I was using Affinity V1 for 4+ years, without any problems. The issue is baked in into V2.

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshots provided, as this isn't behaviour I'm able to replicate here currently.

Can you please verify, what language/region is your mac set to, through System Preferences - and what language is your keyboard?

If you select 'Clear all shortcuts' and then select 'Serif Defaults' - what shortcut is used for zoom in/out please? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

1 minute ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for your screenshots provided, as this isn't behaviour I'm able to replicate here currently.

Can you please verify, what language/region is your mac set to, through System Preferences - and what language is your keyboard?

If you select 'Clear all shortcuts' and then select 'Serif Defaults' - what shortcut is used for zoom in/out please? :)

Since I live in Switzerland, it's set to German-Switzerland (mac and keyboard) and I even tried several times clear all shortcuts and serif defaults. I tried Apple standard as well. I tried EVERYTHING!

• Staff

Thanks for verifying that for me - I've tested here using a German Keyboard (as we don't have a German-Swiss physical keyboard in the office) with my region set as yours is, and I'm finding the shortcuts save and are retained as expected.

However I believe this may simply be confusion caused due to the keys showing in the Shortcuts dialog - when you set the Shortcut CMD & + on your keyboard, you have to hold Shift to access +, if I have understood the keyboard layout correctly:

image.png

Therefore although the shortcut is shown as 'CMD+' before the app restarts, and then is shown as 'CMD,Shift,1' after the app restarts, this appears to be the same keyboard combination - so your keyboard shortcut is retained, simply it is displayed differently following the app restart 

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thank you for confirming the exact key you're using - with my keyboard language set to German-Swiss I'm able to replicate this issue when using the Numpad key, rather than the Shift+1, which I believe to be a bug - as you've mentioned it worked within V1 for you.

I'm getting this logged with our developers now.

Please note -

Many thanks!

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

my keyboard language set to German-Swiss I'm able to replicate this issue

Just for the record, and I know I've posted that a few days ago elsewhere already:

The Swiss German keyboard layout (and system language settings, for that matter) is a major troublemaker ever since I started to work on Macs regularly in the early 1990s. :/ 
Apple just can't get that right. Which is a bummer given Apple's always solid market share in Switzerland.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2