You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicated fields on top of each other in some dropdowns

PeterB.

I don't know if this has already been reported, I didn't find anything. I noticed that in some menu dialogs the dropdown fields look like if there were two on top of each other especially if you click in it. Mostly the DPI field at import/export dialogues. At first I thought it was due to the setting for large fonts in the user interface, but it also occurs with the normal size and in English.

Examples: With the Export Dialog Advanced > Use DPI

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-15 um 12.47.57.png

Bildschirm­foto 2022-11-15 um 12.46.45.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @PeterB.

We are aware of this issue and I've passed over your example to the devs to help with their investigation. 

It does only appears to occur when using the Light UI style, so you will not have this issue if you swap to Dark UI whilst this issue is being investigated. 

Thank you @EmT. I'll deal with it until an update brings a solution. The dark surface is certainly very nice for many people to work with. Unfortunately, due to an eye disease (keratoconus), it is incredibly difficult for me to read. So I'll work with the duplicated fields for now 😉

42 minutes ago, EmT said:

Thanks both, I can see that on the PDF import options window also, I've passed the example along. 

I think you know this but just in case. In light mode it impacts certain text fields while in dark mode it impacts certain combo boxes. It's somewhat more obvious with combos boxes because the original text value in the combo box is positioned differently than the value you type while with text fields they exactly overlap.

Here are some of the examples I know of:

Text fields:

• Edit Text Style > Style name (light mode only)
  • Edit Index Topic > Topic name (light mode only) - also a problem with the Sort By field but it's less obvious

Combo boxes:

• Export > Raster DPI and Use DPI
  • PDF Options when opening a PDF > DPI
  • Baseline Grid > Display Threshold
  • Colour panel > Opacity

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Overlapping text in Light UI" (REF: AFB-6811) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1799".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.