You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Tool Color Picker Radius Settings

Here is a video to demonstrate what I mean, in case my description is inaccurate. Basically, I wanted to follow a tutorial on skin painting, which relied on laying down color in important areas first, and then blending them together by sampling color averages and painting between sections. This means a lot of color picking / eye dropping, and if I could use the modifier for the brush tool it would be super smooth and quick. If I have to switch to the eye dropper, then sample, then double check the new color is applied, then painting, then resampling.. It would be an awful way to work.

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, RoraRaptor said:

Here is a video to demonstrate what I mean, in case my description is inaccurate. Basically, I wanted to follow a tutorial on skin painting, which relied on laying down color in important areas first, and then blending them together by sampling color averages and painting between sections. This means a lot of color picking / eye dropping, and if I could use the modifier for the brush tool it would be super smooth and quick. If I have to switch to the eye dropper, then sample, then double check the new color is applied, then painting, then resampling.. It would be an awful way to work.

I'm trying to do the same thing. The modifier eyedropper tool  should take the same settings the eyedropper in the toolbar but it doesn't. I haven't found a way to change the sample size. Let me know if you do please.