You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disappearing Studio panels

Kal

While testing Designer, I suddenly realised that my Swatches panel had disappeared. Thinking I might have accidentally removed it somehow, I went to the Window menu only to find that it was still ticked.

To bring it back I tried hiding and unhiding it from the Window menu. I tried restarting the app (multiple times). Another user mentioned that they have had similar issues, so I said I would open a bug report.

Then I found my lost panel! Can you see it…?

image.png.b9c0a9dce283ae435029929b516a0724.png

I have no idea how it ended up down there. I didn't knowingly undock it from the right-side Studio, let alone exile it to Trash Corner. So I'd still treat this one as a bug.

Regardless of the cause, can I suggest that when an Affinity app is restarted it does a quick check for any panels that are off screen and brings them back? macOS does this automatically with normal windows, even if you just hide and unhide the app, but I guess Affinity Studio panels aren't normal windows and aren't rescued by the OS in the same way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Something possibly related has happened to me several times with an undocked layers panel.

Layers panel is ticked in the Windows dropdown menu but it's nowhere to be found, although in my case, ticking it off and on displays it again in the last location it was positioned.

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1