You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher V2: Copy/Paste

dlampel

I don't mean to be rude to all those who have been working on V2, but, frankly, this is beginning to feel like a Beta release.

In the last half hour Publisher V2 has crashed 4 or 5 times. I have even rebooted the system (Windows 11), but the same thing occurs. What exotic procedure am I attempting? Copy text from one V2 file to another V2 file. Crashes every time, whether I use CTRL C / CTRL V or use the menu options.

It is true that the templates for the files were originally V1, but everything from that point on was V2. The info said one could bring a V1 file into V2 and save as V2, which is what I did with the templates. If this is causing the problem, then I want my money back, for I have too many templates to rebuild them all from scratch just so I can use a version of Publisher that isn't that different from the first.

Dave
coram Deo
dlampel.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave, I just noticed this post from shortly after the launch of v2. Are you still experiencing these issues with 2.0.3? Obviously most customers are copying and pasting text without issues so it would be interesting to know why it's crashing for you.

Could you provide a test document some of us could try?

Good luck

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hi MikeTO,

I apologize for not doing it here as well, but after 2.0.3 was released I returned to "Publisher V2 is unstable, crashes sometimes" and posted the following:

In a section of this forum where there are lots of (mostly valid) complaints, I would like to express a big Thank-you! to Affinity for so quickly issuing the 2.03 update--especially, for me, Publisher. At first I was chagrined at not finding my issues on the list of fixes, but once I got to work using 2.03 it was obvious that many had indeed been addressed and fixed. Thank you, Affinity (Serif) for your diligent work. It is much appreciated.

I find v2.0.3 to be a profound improvement over the initial release, and am quite grateful. This version is far more stable for me. I have not (yet?) encountered the same copy/paste problem.

Thank you for asking.

Dave
coram Deo
dlampel.com