You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 2 beta testing failures stopped users cold in first five seconds

28 minutes ago, Granddaddy said:

I've not written to XnView, but I've written to Faststone a few times asking them to support APhoto files like XnView MP does (display the thumbnail retrieved from the .afphoto file). They haven't responded. I'll write again soon pointing out the many Faststone users in these forums who have contributed to Affinity's decision to provide an MSI installation package. The programs are free for personal and educational use so there is little financial incentive for Faststone to provide additional functions. Who knows what else the developers are doing? I can't find much about the company, if it really is a company and not just a dedicated programmer working from home.

In FastStone, In lieu of supporting the actual thumbnail, just an icon to show that an .afphoto exists would be extremely helpful. That's been about my only complaint about FastStone is it's not always explicitly clear if a folder is empty, or merely has no image files.  It's a great program I've used forever.

They are a donation based freeware, so maybe if we got people to pledge donations that might encourage them? I dunno. Serif could make it happen, if the management wasn't vapor-locked in a strategic vacuum, where the Real World is never heard.

They should just license FastStone, skin it, and call it "Affinity V2 DAM powered by FastStone" and include it with every V2 sale.

This is such an antiquated notion, testing.

Testing???

Why waste time on such things? Next you'll want a control group and objective analysis and reports... and responsibility, liability and accountability? What gives, man?

It's as if you think things need to be proven to work, to be effective,and safe. Why could that possibly be true in a modern, progressed, scientific world where there's consensus and digital ID?

The problem is you, man!