You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disappointed that I can't upgrade to Affinity 2

Just installed trial for Affinity Photo 2, I use DXO Photolab for Raw processing and Photools imatch as a Dam.

I need to be able to send images from both these applications to Affinity. From what I have read, this is not possible with Affinity 2.

Downloaded the Affinity 2 Suite trial before buying. Glad I did because I won't be purchasing until this bug is fixed. 

I did want to support Affinity development but unfortunately, Affinity 2 is unusable in its current state.

Are Affinity releasing a bug fix in the near future and will the special offer be available once the bug is fixed?

I've owned Affinity Photo for a while but only bought Designer and Publisher a few months ago.

Hi all. Thanks for your patience over the weekend when our offices were closed.

We've had a meeting this morning and decided to ALSO offer MSI installers to those people who would like them. I can't tell you when this will happen, as there is engineering work that will be required to allow this to happen, but we hope it won't be long.

Thanks for your feedback!

1. Does this mean I will be able to send an image from dxo photolab to Affinity 2 when you provide this fix like I can with affinity 1?

2. Will this fix be out before my trial ends?

3. Will you offer another trial if fix out after trial ends?

4. Will the fix come out before your promotional pricing ends?

On 11/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, stefanjan said:

1. Does this mean I will be able to send an image from dxo photolab to Affinity 2 when you provide this fix like I can with affinity 1?

2. Will this fix be out before my trial ends?

3. Will you offer another trial if fix out after trial ends?

4. Will the fix come out before your promotional pricing ends?

1. Technically that's already possible now, but DxO Photolab has a bug in it that prevents it from working with the "App Execution Alias". Using the legacy MSI installer will allow you to find the Photo2.exe in your installation and have DxO Photolab point at it (just the same as v1). If you want to use DxO Photolab with the v2 MSIX installer, you can use the aflaunch app here to work around their bug:

2. I don't know when you started your trial, so I can't say.

3. No, the trials are for a single 30 day period.

4. I can't comment on when the MSI installers will be available, but we hope it won't be a long wait.

For now, I suggest you try the aflaunch approach, as that will allow you to evaluate the app fully during the trial period.