You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serif deleted my post on how I fixed Photo 2 by completely reinstalling the OS to Win 11.. Why?

TPVPRO

here it is again.... 

This solution is a pain, but it worked for me.

I noticed even while using affinity V1 along with the most recent updates from Serif in combination with the window 10 22H2 update.

PC basic specs below…

PC3

RTX 3060 i9900x 64GB ram WIN 10 Home

All the Affinity applications started to act laggy. This included actions such as.. . slow startup, tools lagging for a bit after selecting for the first time, just annoying things that impeded workflow.

The big issue was whenever you wanted to type a letter to quickly access a font the programs would just say peace and close. I was able to work around this issue buy simply adding favorite fonts.

Ok enough of V1 here is my fix for V2.

Win 10 22H2 no matter what solution posted in the forums I could not get it to install.

Solution: Back up everything on your PC

Note: Remember I said this was going to suck..

1.       Make a USB install flash drive of Win 11 there are plenty of videos how to do this.

2.       Be sure to locate your Win 10 key.

3.       Boot in bios and direct your system to load from the USB drive.

4.       When the win 11 installation opens do not choose upgrade delete all the partitions on your system drive. This will ensure windows performs a clean installation.

5.       Make a new allocation for your system drive make sure you use the entirety of the drive and allow windows to make its own.

6.       Install windows and be sure all drives, updates, are completely up to date before installing any applications.

7.       Install Affinity and it works! It is Miller time boys and girl. See video below…

Affinity Photo 2 won’t install ( THE FIX )

HEY YOU GUYS!

• Staff

I was the one who hidden your original post. Users shouldn't have to reinstall Windows to get our apps working correctly and we would prefer that issues with our apps, particular performance related issues are logged with us to investigate. Reinstalling Windows may have resolved the issue for now but what's to say that the issue doesn't reoccur and needs further investigation later.

I will leave this post up but it's not something we (Serif) would recommend users do if they run into issues with our apps. Please log any issues you may find in the Bugs section here - We're extremely busy at the moment after the V2 launch but we will respond to all forum threads, email tickets and social contacts as fast as we can :)

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

I was the one who hidden your original post. Users shouldn't have to reinstall Windows to get our apps working correctly and we would prefer that issues with our apps, particular performance related issues are logged with us to investigate. Reinstalling Windows may have resolved the issue for now but what's to say that the issue doesn't reoccur and needs further investigation later.

I will leave this post up but it's not something we (Serif) would recommend users do if they run into issues with our apps. Please log any issues you may find in the Bugs section here - We're extremely busy at the moment after the V2 launch but we will respond to all forum threads, email tickets and social contacts as fast as we can :)

I am only telling you my experience and what worked.

• 2 weeks later...

@TPVPROTHANK YOU. This is really the only solution I can agree with right now. Nothing else worked.

In my case with Windows 10. Been working on finding a solution for a good while now and at first thought it's my CPU or other parts of hardware. After everything I tried (yes, no HW Acceleration and _many_ other things) I upgraded CPU, SSD and Ram -> nothing new. Still slow start like 30-40 seconds. Installed Windows 10 again, clean and on the new NVMe SSD and boom: it loads in like 3 seconds.
(I also tried mirroring my windows to the new SSD to see if it's the "slowness" of the old SSD, but that was not the problem).

Still no clue what could cause it. Maybe, hopefully the developers find the cause and a solution.

Here's the thread for anyone interested.

my fav. would still be a simple "exe" (or "msi") installer, for professionals (corp/sec/edu/...) msix is just a no go...

best,

s.

FOR %%i IN ("Affinity*.msi") DO SET fn="%%i"

msiexec /passive /quiet /norestart /i %fn%

and all AF* apps should get installed ...

image.png.2219b1e345aee7f874ee93a9815fc5f7.png

@1st post - as Leigh said: reinstalling windows makes no sense (for me too)