You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugins with V2

My DXO showed as normal from plugins, i.e. not greyed oud but just don 't open, regardless of which background or layer, rasterized or not, I am using.

Standalones are a pain by increasing workflow moves and times but are the only way I can move forward with V2 at present.

Another related question: What's the criteria for marking a plugin as "known" rather than "unknown"? Topaz plugins seem rather popular these days (certainly known to people if not known to work properly) so it would be aWeSoMe if theres anything Serif could do to help maximize compatibility. (Of course it looks like 99% of the issues right now are on the Topaz side so there may be nothing for Serif to do.....)

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

I also have the problem that the TOpaz sharpen and Topaz noise are grayed out. I have installed the plugins in the right way and can sse them in the filter dropdown menu. Only when I develop a raw-file and subsequently in the photo persona want to use the Topaz plugins they are grey. When I load a jpg-file I can use the Topaz plugins! Also in the old version (1) of affinity photo the plugins still work fine. What's going on here?

2 hours ago, Abovo said:

I also have the problem that the TOpaz sharpen and Topaz noise are grayed out. I have installed the plugins in the right way and can sse them in the filter dropdown menu. Only when I develop a raw-file and subsequently in the photo persona want to use the Topaz plugins they are grey. When I load a jpg-file I can use the Topaz plugins! Also in the old version (1) of affinity photo the plugins still work fine. What's going on here?

You are applying it to a pixel layer? Try Merge Visible first.

@Abovo

The reason why the plugins are greyed out is that the image layer, after developing, was developed embedded or linked as RAW and is still treated as a RAW file by Affinity Photo. The settings in the Develop Persona are temporary until the RAW layer is rasterised. This is the non-destructive concept of the Affinity programmes. 

The RAW layer must therefore first be rasterised in order to apply plug-ins to it. But this is because the plugins are developed for Photoshop, where non-destructive editing does not exist.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

@Abovo: You could be using a RAW layer rather than a Pixel layer, as @Komatös suggests. Or you could have Developed to a 32-bit pixel format, which most plugins won't support.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

@Abovo: You could be using a RAW layer rather than a Pixel layer, as @Komatös suggests. Or you could have Developed to a 32-bit pixel format, which most plugins won't support.

Good suggestion, I thought of that too. would be the logical thing. I made the dedevelopment so that I used the conversion to pixel layer, also tryed the otehr options (linked to raw and the inclusion of the raw) non of them worked.

The 32 -bit pixelformat I did not check yet. Gona do that and will report the outcome. Thanks.