You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APu / AD Override Layer Visibility

joe_l

I do like, that in theory (and practically) it is possible to override layer visibility, but this feature is not to my full satisfaction.

1. PDF: Works if the PDF contains Acrobat Layers, BUT only in Interpret mode. When placing a layer in Transfer mode and hiding a layer the mode turns to Interpret. I would like to keep the Transfer mode, but there maybe technical obstacles.

2. AD document: It always "annoyed" me, that something in the Layers panel is not really a layer. Maybe Serif should talk here about Elements and Layers to avoid confusion. To get the feature work, the AD document has to be modified with "real" layers and I have to confess, that I packed the Elements seldom into Layers. It would be nice, if Groups and Elements visibility could be overridden too.

3. PSD: No support for "layers" in PSD. That would be a killer feature (for me) to have one PSD with Layer variants, placed multiple times in the Affinity document and using the layer variants (like in ID).

4. TIFF: Same wish as for PSD.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

I DID knew, that I read somewhere, that PSD layers can be visible or hidden.

Excerpt from Affinity Spotlight:

4. Linked File Layer Visibility Override

If you place a file containing layer information such as a PSD, PDF, DWG, DXF or another Affinity document, you now have the ability to turn layers on or off as long as the resource is linked. Your layer visibility settings will still be maintained even if the source file is changed.

An oversight in early marketing?

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta