You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inpainting Brush Tool is reverting to the move tool mouse pointer

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the change to the pointer shape belongs in the canvas which has the actual picture you are changing. I don't want Affinity Photo hijacking the pointer shapes, the program should continue to use the default system mouse pointer when I am using a scroll bar. 

I did get a refund of the whole V2 suite when I discovered that this behavior remained unchanged in the newer version.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BruceFerjulian said:

Thanks ( Benergizer ) for the update. One would assume that if you file a bug report if it's fixed the individual that submitted it would get some sort of notification, guess not.

It has been done in the past in general, but I assume Affinity staff is a bit overloaded and could not keep up with updating all posts.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We generally advise that you keep an eye out for patch notes. At quieter times, we generally do update the thread to say it's fixed - I'm sorry this wasn't the case this time, however since V2's release we have replied to tens of thousands of threads with a relatively small support team.

I read though the release notes and if this is indeed fixed it's buried in one of the lines that is pretty generic like ( WE FIXED A LOT OF OTHER STUFF ) and did not call out specifically the bug. I pulled the trigger on another order to see if it's truly fixed but will be super disappointed if I have to reverse another V2.0 purchase.

In summary the bug reporting and feedback process definitely needs a lot of work.

Edited by BruceFerjulian
type

NO, no, no... this is still broken after reading the release notes that did not mention it and after ( Benergizer ) falsely claimed it was fixed. Now I have to decide if I want to for a second time request a refund and keep repeating this process until it's either fixed or I have to start again with Affinity Photo V3.0!

STEPS ( Watch the mouse pointer. )

a. We are outside of ( Affinity Photo V2.0 ).

b. We are now inside of the application and a few pixels below the horizontal scroll bar.

c. Move a few pixels higher to be in the horizontal scroll bar and now the pointer shape changes to the in-painting tools brush shape instead of saving that trick until you are actually in the canvas where the image is. Because of this if you are using a large brush you can't tell anymore if your are in the edge of the image canvas or on the horizontal or vertical scroll bar.

mouse_pointer_01.png

mouse_pointer_02.png

mouse_pointer_03.png

• Staff

Hi @BruceFerjulian,
There a misunderstanding going on here. The original issue reported above refers to the Inpainting Brush Tool (and other brush tools) reverting to an arrow cursor after first use (no matter where the cursor was located). This was indeed fixed in v2.0.3.321. The issue you are referring to which is placing a brush tool over the scroll bars specifically (preventing you from seeing the cursor to manipulate the scroll bars) wasn't addressed and as far as i can see (I'm double-checking) is not logged anywhere. I will do so incase I can't find any report.

[EDIT]This issue is indeed logged but wasn't fixed/addressed yet. I've updated/bumped the report to bring it up to devs attention again. I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience this is causing you. Thanks for your patience.

My man, this is like the 6th or 7th time you’ve let the forum know that you’ve requested a refund. Let’s just pump the brakes a bit and work with the devs to help sort out issues we might see. I understand frustration when it’s something that’s been ongoing, but repeatedly stating that you’ve requested refunds is tiring and doesn’t help anyone. 

@MEB

Thank you for your message and the clarifying words.

@Vincent Cento
I see it exactly the same way you do. There's no point in asking for a refund for something like this.
I think the programmers and the whole Affinity team have enough to do at the moment. It was yes
also already written that the small bugs will now be addressed promptly and fixed as soon as possible.
I personally think the complete V2 suite is absolutely great.

--
Apple 2020 Mac Mini M1 Chip (16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD)
Affinity V2 Universallizenz 2.3.1 + always latest beta

[ October  25, 2020 ] Bug first reported against V1.x
[ November 16, 2022 ] Bug repored again in V2.0

Doesn't matter, the terms and conditions state..

If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund.

Heck, I upgraded one MacOS system and abandoned older programs just to learn that after years my bug still exists.