You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reveal object style fill in Designer.

There is no ‘link back’ to the Style once the Style has been applied – they don’t work the same way as Character/Paragraph Styles.
When you apply a Style, the layer is given the same ‘attributes’ as the Style but the layer doesn’t ‘know’ which Style was applied.

35 minutes ago, GarryP said:

There is no ‘link back’ to the Style once the Style has been applied – they don’t work the same way as Character/Paragraph Styles.
When you apply a Style, the layer is given the same ‘attributes’ as the Style but the layer doesn’t ‘know’ which Style was applied.

Which is such a disappointment!

I find that there is little point to Styles given that they can't be updated. Again, it feels like a feature that is so close to working the way it should, that all the code is essentially there, but for some unknown reason Affinity just stops short of making it truly useful!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

6 hours ago, patricr said:

After I have filled several objects with styles that I have created, how can I later click on an object and reveal which style fills that object? I can reveal which layer it is on, but can't find the style that was applied to that object/layer.

What is your reason to find out what Style was applied to an object?

There may be another way to do what you need to do after the above

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I use images of wood to place into vector areas of wood veneer designs to print and show to a client. Some of the images of the wood are very similar, so after I show the proof and need to change something, it would be nice to confirm the wood I put into an area. 

Also- when I get a new batch of veneers, sometimes a wood species looks remarkably different than the one I have in styles. I could just make a new style and delete the old, but it would be more convenient to replace the one that is there in one step.

Affinity makes this process so easy compared to Inkscape, however!