You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer deselect is gone in AD v2 for ipad. Bring it back.

Sigh. If you use AD on ipad theres a gesture to select layers and to deselect layers. The gesture to select a layer is to swipe left to right on that layer and to deselect a layer is to swipe right to left. Its always been like this. Its never been problematic. No one has been requesting these gestures to be changed. Its fine. Its the least of our problems. LEAVE THEM ALONE! 

Welp. I just found out right now in v2 of AD that if you swipe right to left to deselect your layer your layer will not be deselected. Instead, an unnecessary pop up menu will appear and ask you if you want to delete, add to selection, and change your layers blend mode. Like? WHY!! Im so upset right now! I dont know why this is happening. No one asked for this change. I dont know why youre fixing things that arent broken. I dont know who at serif is making these awful design changes and choices. This is why users are upset. Youre fixing things that dont need to be fixed. 

It just baffles me why you would need to make this change when it was perfectly fine. Its so simple and basic. left to right to select. right to left to deselect. thats it! its not a hard concept to grasp, serif. Now you want to change the right to left gesture and turn it into a pop up menu that shouldnt even be there!! it should not be there. 

this is why im upset. 6yrs for this unnecessary change,

I just realized why this right to left gesture was removed for deselect. This gesture was removed and reserved for compact mode, the new feature that nobody asked for. When in compact mode, swiping right to left brings up some layer option buttons and now a pop up menu appears when your swipe right to left in the layer studio. I know you can deselect by swiping left to right again but its an easy concept to follow to swipe right to select and swipe left to deselect. Also, the options in that pop up menu shouldnt even be there. They shouldnt be there because theres already a delete button in the layer studio and serif was suppose to put the layer blending mode in the layer studio but they like to play hide and seek and hide it inside the "..." button. 

3 hours ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

No one has been requesting these gestures to be changed. Its fine. Its the least of our problems. LEAVE THEM ALONE! 

9 minutes ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

the new feature that nobody asked for.

Yes it can be frustrating when they change something. What you apparently fail to understand, is they do not need a request to change things. Just because no one, requested a change, does not prohibit them from changing things.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD