You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has someone tried if the Panorama persona can handle multiple exposures and gain any benefit from that?

(It can handle multiple exposures but I´m not sure yet if the dynamic range benefits from that)

Of course one can create two panoramas and then stack them and modify them but I´d find it super cool if these three steps (Stitching, aligning and HDR merging) could be done automatically.

I also thought about the option to get noise reduction with this technique (like we get through stacking)

This finally leads to an HDR night panorama "without" noise.

But therefore I´d have to do multiple panoramas with multiple exposures and multiple ones of each to stack them (noise reduction) and then HDR merge them again. So I really think this could be done more efficiently in the panorama persona itself in one automated step.

- I´m really looking forward to your HDR implementation! 

• Staff

Hi MBd,

I have had a play with the panorama with multiple exposures and the render of the panorama is the same as the stack with the benefit of crop option. If you do not wish to crop the images I would stay with using the stacks until the HDR merge is available.

Regards,

Darren

"The render of the panorama is the same as the stack"

> does that mean you gain dynamic range right?

> does that mean you get Boise reduction in the overlapping areas in the panorama?

"I would stay with using stacks"

> well stacks are not a replacement for panorama stitching?!

I probably didn't really get what you mean...

mbd, imy guess is that if you feed a panorama with stackable images (i mean, multiple shots for each image), you'll end getting a result that is roughly equivalent to stacking first and building the panorama afterwards.

it could be easily experimented, it's just a matter of investing some time in it... i'll give it a try as soon as i have some spare time.

take care,

stefano

• 10 months later...