You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Making Affinity 1 available for purchase/download for those who cannot use Affinity 2

Okay, those are much earlier Operating Systems for your iPod and iPad. My Mac is running OS 11.7.2 and works with the old iPad iOS 9.3.5

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

24 minutes ago, dcr said:

What iOS versions are on those?  I have an iPod with iOS 4 and an iPad with iOS 6.  I manage them both from a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).  I can't buy/download new songs though.  I have a Mac with Monterey but I haven't moved my iTunes library to it.  One of these days, I'm going to experiment to see if I can buy a song on the Monterey Mac and manage to get it into iTunes on the Snow Leopard Mac.

I just buy CD's (as I like to own my music instead of renting them). I convert the music from CD's into mp3. I will be storing them on my external hard drive dedicated to just music, then put them on my old macbook if it works out with the iPod I have. I just don't have the time to do right now.

3 hours ago, michie said:

I did a search on this topic and it said that if I upgrade to Catalina I will have to Apple Music and not iTunes. I sitll have an old iPod touch with 30 pins

And isn't it seen by the Music app? It should, if I don't misread.

Paolo

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I am in the same situation as michie. I own Affinity Designer and Photo v1 and would like to purchase a copy of Publisher v1. I am unable to run macOS Catalina on my computer, and so am unable to use v2. I have purchased a v2 license as an investment, but I really would just like to activate a copy of Publisher v1. I have contacted support and posted to Twitter, and have been told in both cases this is not possible. Is there any way to receive a license for Publisher v1?

Thanks.

• Staff

@kcbdr

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

42 minutes ago, kcbdr said:

Is there any way to receive a license for Publisher v1?

Sorry but no, the V1 Affinity software is no longer sold on any platform

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 1/27/2023 at 10:49 PM, kcbdr said:

Hi there!

I am in the same situation as michie. I own Affinity Designer and Photo v1 and would like to purchase a copy of Publisher v1. I am unable to run macOS Catalina on my computer, and so am unable to use v2. I have purchased a v2 license as an investment, but I really would just like to activate a copy of Publisher v1. I have contacted support and posted to Twitter, and have been told in both cases this is not possible. Is there any way to receive a license for Publisher v1?

Thanks.

I have three suggestions if I may, please. You could see if any of VivaDesigner, QuarkXPpress or the free and open source Scribus meet you needs and all good luck there. I have tried out VivaDesigner and I think it is competent software and I've seen excellent work done with QuarkXPpress.

While I do recommend the rather good Serif Affinity products over Abobe's perma-rental extortionware, I think it is unfortunate that they cannot supply the previous editions of their software where there are difficult and specific circumstances such as yours. Some software companies openly make previous versions available while others like DxO ask the customer to make a specific request to their DxO Support Team.

1 hour ago, Snapseed said:

I have three suggestions if I may, please. You could see if any of VivaDesigner, QuarkXPpress or the free and open source Scribus meet you needs and all good luck there. I have tried out VivaDesigner and I think it is competent software and I've seen excellent work done with QuarkXPpress.

I would suggest VivaDesigner or Scribus.  QuarkXPress doesn't currently require a subscription, but it does require checking in every five days to verify your license.

VivaDesigner 10 will run on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and higher.  They have a demo version as well as a free version.  They also offer cross-grades from InDesign or QuarkXPress.

I've only used Scribus 1.4.8 (the current stable version).  I haven't tested the development version.  I'm used to InDesign, so there was a learning curve in using Scribus but, even with that, on the first day I tried it, I was able to complete a project.  That said, some of the procedures to get things done are cumbersome.  Maybe they have improved with the development version, but I'm waiting for the next stable release.  I have heard they are looking at InDesign and Affinity Publisher for UI ideas so, hopefully, future versions will be easier to use.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:49 PM, kcbdr said:

Hi there!

Thanks.

Hello,

I downloaded Scibus for page layout, it's free, adequate... meh. I just decided to quit doing freelance, it was onlyt small amounts as, I'm a retired graphic designer. I have taken up oil painting and it's super satisfying, there's an irony though. A few of the experienced painters in the class have ipad pro's with procreate and it's very helpful with the grid lines (which affinity photo also does) for setting up proportions on composition sketches on the canvas. Now I want an ipad pro (though it's not a must have), if I end up getting one, I will likely buy the affinity suite if it goes on sale again. I find the irony kind of amusing. Give Scribus a try and best of luck to you.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Budi said:

I bought Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo back then in the Microsoft Store in 2018. I've now switched to a new PC and wanted to reinstall both programs from the store. However, they no longer exist; there's only v2 available. Even in my purchase history, v2 is listed as purchased in 2018. It seems that Affinity has completely replaced v1 with v2, which I don't find very nice. After all, I paid for these programs and can no longer use them.

Your V1 purchase from the Microsoft Store is still in your Microsoft Store account, and you can look in your purchases there to find them. But, by default, the Store has a Filter set to show only programs installed on the computer. You need to change that Filter to see your older purchases that are not installed.

For more, please see the FAQ:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1